Capítulo 31

It had been 11 months since the beginning of the Civil War and the Natasha's disappearance. Each of the avengers swore they saw Natasha in some missions and battles, but no one was truly sure that it was her. At that time, both Steve and Fury were desperate, they didn't know if she was helping the government or if they missed her so much that started to see her everywhere.

Fury had to hide Steve, because of the hatred that people was feeling against him. Steve could only go out in disguise, and very well disguised by the way. After a few weeks, SHIELD withdrew from the war, they saw no point on keeping the endless fight, losing their agents and even civilians on it. The government accused SHIELD of treason.

...

S: Today is James birthday. He's two years old now.

F: I know, I bet that they'll make a great party for him.

S: Yeah... I hope.

Fury noticed how sad Steve was.

F: I will ask my friend to send a picture of him. Does that makes you feel better?

S: I guess it would help. I'm worried about his mother. My pride kept me from going after her. I was so stupid. I'm afraid it's too late now. What do you think happened to her?

F: She's not dead, if that's what you're suggesting.

S: She didn't even showed up to get some news about James.

F: The way she is, she must have got her ways of getting news of him. She loves James.

S: I know. She hates me for let James go, I think that's the reason she didn't appeared anymore.

F: No, Natasha knows what is best for James. She may take a while but now she already realized that it was the best for him.

Sharon entered the room and looked at Steve.

Sharon: Ready?

S: Do I have another option?

Sharon was in charge of moving Steve from a hiding place to another in the city, each time Fury felt that his position was at risk. In fact Sharon, Hunter and Bobbi were in charge of it, Bobbi spent her nights guarding Steve Rogers, taking turns with Hunter, but that night Bobbi and Hunter couldn't spend the night with Steve.

...

When they arrived at the new hiding place...

Sharon: You have new clothes in the closet.

S: Thank you.

Sharon: You hungry?

S: No, I'm fine.

Sharon approached Steve and he looked at her. Sharon touched Steve's face, and he was a long time without a woman's touch, the need was huge, specially today in his child's birthday, he was too sad to not allow it.

Sharon took another step toward Steve, without averting his gaze. The moment she rose a bit to reach his mouth, Steve held her wrist and pulled her hand from his face.

S: Sharon, what are you doing?

Sharon: She will not come back, Steve.

Steve frowned.

Sharon: She left you, don't you see? She doesn't care, she doesn't love you. She never did. She is like that, Steve. It's her nature let people behind after hurting them.