Capítulo 46

S: Where is Matt?

N: Matt? I don't know.

S: You don't know?

N: We are no longer together.

Steve frowned, confused.

S: And he let you and you're pregnant.

N: You left Sharon pregnant. It happens.

S: You okay?

N: Yes. I prepared some hot dog, hungry?

S: I'll take one.

Natasha prepared one for Steve and one for her.

S: Won't you get sick with this kind of food?

N: No, this pregnancy is being easy.

Steve ate the hot dog and felt that James was finally asleep.

S: I'll put it in the bedroom.

N: Okay.

Steve put James on the bed, covered him and kissed his forehead.

J: Dad... don't leave me.

James said, with his eyes still closed, he went back to sleep.

S: He has no more fever.

N: Hush...

Natasha gesture to Steve be quiet to avoid awaking James again. Steve left the bedroom and closed the door. The two stood in the hallway and looked at each other feeling a little bit awkward.

N: Thank you for coming.

S: It's okay.

Steve gave a small and sad smile, Natasha felt as if her heart was being cut by a sharp knife, she hates to seem him like that. She sighed and repeated to herself to be strong.

S: I'd better go, it's late.

Once Steve said ir, a torrential rain began to fall, with thunders and lightnings.

S: I came with my bike. Damn!

N: You don't have to go.

Steve looked at Natasha.

N: You can sleep here... On the couch... It's raining a lot and it's late. James can wake up feverish again, and will be better if you are here.

S: Are you sure?

N: Yes. You can't try anything with me while I'm with this huge belly.

Natasha joked and Steve smiled least suffered this time.

N: I'll get a blanket for you.

Natasha went to her bedroom and returned with sheet and blanket. She handed it to Steve, who to pick up, but he touched her hands inadvertently, and both froze, staring at each other, theirs hearts was beating so fast. Steve dropped the blanket and the sheet on the floor and grabbed her face with both hands and kissed her passionately.

Natasha had no choice but kiss him back, caressing his tongue, as if they had never being touched before, it looked like the first kiss of their lives. Steve held her face while exploring her lips, he slid his hands down her back and was suspending her blouse, but Natasha interrupted and pulled back slightly.

N: I can't.

Steve stopped with his mouth all red and burning eyes of desire, staring at Natasha. Natasha put her hand on her belly and Steve understood her reasons.