Capítulo 33

F: Natasha needs you.

Fury said to Clint Barton. Fury took nearly two weeks to find Barton, he also moved away from the war, which was at the end anyway. After Baron Zemo assume the blame for the incidents, the government and the two Avengers teams stopped fighting each other. There was no point anymore.

Clint was silent, with his elbows resting on his knee and his chin on his hand. Laura was beside him, she put her hand on his shoulder, showing support to her husband.

F: It wasn't her fault, Barton. Zemo is the one to blame.

C: I have a TV, I know that.

F: So?

L: Honey, you need to forgive her.

C: Forgive her? I'm the one who need her forgiveness. I was too hard on her and I know she loved Lila very much, I went blind of sadness.

L: Nat will understand, you didn't know, but now you need to help her.

Four years-old Francis Barton came running into the room and looked at Fury, who looked at him seriously and raised an eyebrow.

Francis: Hi.

F: Hello.

Francis: I do not like you, take it.

Francis kicked Fury's leg, who tried to grab him but Francis was very agile and ran, ignoring Laura's screams.

F: SON OF A FUCKI...

Fury decided not finish the sentence.

Clint stood up and reached his hand for Fury.

C: Let's rescue Natasha.

Fury shook hands with Clint.

L: But first, honey you have to change little Natasha's diaper.

F: You named her after Nat?

C: A promise is a debt.

...

Six more months passed, and there was no news on BZ (Baron Zemo) and Natasha, the city was already beginning to be rebuilt and peace seemed to be restored. US President personally apologized to Steve Rogers, and remade his image of hero to society. The president signed a term that made the RSA optional, the heroes who refuse to sign it the RSA, would no longer be considered criminals. Tony Stark and Steve Rogers are in peace with each other and shook hands on national television.

...

Meanwhile, BZ entered the room where he kept Natasha locked. Natasha was lying on the ground, she no longer looked human. Her body covered with wounds, some healed, other still healing.

BZ: My little Red, I have a surprise for you.

Natasha didn't move and didn't even look at him.

BZ approached Natasha, crouched next to her and held out a tablet with a picture of baby James.

BZ: Don't you want to see your son?

Natasha didn't even look at the pictures, she was staring the floor. Zemo grabbed her hair and made her lift her head and look at the picture.

At first, Natasha shows no reaction, so she looked as if she saw only a wall. Then she began to notice the baby's features and felt her heart sink, she tried to say something but she couldn't.