Chapter 19

(Katherine's POV)

Blood.
It was all I saw on the ground.

Howls. Growls. Whimpers.
Were all I could hear in the air.

Wolves.
They were all over the clearing.

They weren't just any wolves though. They were huge, like the one in my dream...

I stood at the edge of the clearing still shocked.

Wolves were fighting everywhere I looked.

They scratched, bit, slammed and tried to do any other damage to their opponent.

My eyes scanned the the clearing as I saw different shades of red, brown and grey.

Some wolves looked dirtier than others. They looked as if they didn't have any humanity.

But what really caught my eye, was that right in the middle of the scene there was a wolf that looked familiar.

It was pure black and was almost 2 times bigger than all the other wolves in the clearing. It seemed stronger too as it killed any wolf that tried to attack it in a matter of seconds.

I looked closely at the wolf and then it looked up looking. Straight. At. Me.

My breath hitched as it looked straight at me. It's crystal blue eyes looking as if they were staring into my soul.

'Wait a second. Those eyes. They're...'

My heart was beating so fast now, that I was sure I was going to have a heart attack, as I realised it was the wolf from my dream.

We stared at each other, not looking away from each other once.

I was sort of confused at this point. A million questions were circling around my mind: why am I here? Is this a dream? Why is this wolf here? Why does it keep showing up?

I continued to stare at the wolf but it seemed like instead of it analysing me, it was analysing the edge of the clearing, where I was.

It seemed like it wasn't even staring at me in the first place as it looked away to the right of the forest and then the left.

My eyebrows came together in confusion.

'Could it even see me?'

Before I could think any further there was a howl in the distance and I broke eye contact looking towards the direction the howl had come from.

I then turned back to where the wolf was only to see it was gone.

I let out a breath that I had been holding.

I decided to go into the battle field, although I was absolutely terrified. But it didn't seem like the wolves could see me so why not?

Maybe I can even get out of here somehow.

I took a step forward but I stumbled.

I used the tree next to me as support but I could slowly feel my strength draining.

'What was happening?'

My eye lids began to slowly close and I sunk to the floor leaning my back against the tree.

I felt as if I was being pulled somewhere else and before I knew it my eyelids were completely closed and all I could see was darkness...