Chapter 31

(Katherine's POV)

All I could see was darkness.

There was nothing and no one in sight.

I was aimlessly walking around in the darkness, trying to find something that will get me out of this dreaded place.

But then, I heard it.

There was a faint beeping sound in the background and muffled voices...

I stood still in the darkness and listened carefully, trying to focus on the voices but the constant beeping wasn't helping.

"She looks so weak", a soft female voice whimpered.

Bethany.

"I can't believe this happened. And out of all people it was him" Another whispered.

Ruby.

A deep growl followed and then a male voice spoke.

"No one will utter his name or even speak about him around her" the person said angrily.

I felt my eyebrows bunch together in confusion as I stood listening.

Jason.

"Yes Alpha" they both said in unison.

Alpha? Hadn't I heard that word before..

There was silence before a creaking sound could be heard.

"Alpha, it's time for the meeting" a different female voice said in a monotone voice.

Becky.

I heard a deep sigh from Jason before he spoke.

"Okay. Ruby and Bethany, stay here for when she wakes up" he practically demanded before I heard his footsteps leave.

A warm feeling suddenly enveloped me and I suddenly had the urge to close my eyes.

So I did...

----------------------------

My eyes shot open.

I looked around me, only to see I was in an office.

There was a large desk that had a lot of papers on it along with pens.

Behind the desk, against the wall, was a medium sized cabinet which had a key whole.

In front of the desk was two sofa seats while in the middle of the room there was a huge coffee table, that was pretty high, with sofas surrounding it as well.

In the corner of the room was a small library, which seemed to be full of files instead of books.

However next to the small library there seemed to be some shelves which had some books.

'Why am I hear? How did I get here?'

But before I could ponder any further the door to the office opened.

Jason, Dean, Becky and all the girls' boyfriends walked in.

Once they all had entered, the door had been shut and Jason was sitting behind the huge desks while everyone else remained standing in front of the desk.

"Now, what I want to know first is what do you guys know?" Jason said his face cold as stone as he spoke to them in a stern voice.

Becky shrugged before speaking.

"And what I want to know is how you knew where Katherine was and how you knew he was the one who had her" Becky replied nonchalantly.