Chapter 37

(Katherine's POV)

I smiled at him as he smiled back.

It was true. Mum would be and is proud. I don't know ho I know but I just do. Maybe it's the fact that I'm an 'Empathine' or whatever.

Which reminds me, I still have to ask about the Empathine and the wolf inside me thing.

I know what I heard in the office but I want to hear it from him. That way, I'll actually believe it.

"Jason, can I ask you something?" I ask nervously.

"Um, sure" he asks with his eyebrows furrowed.

It's now or never right?

"What'sanEmpathine?" I rush out, stumpbling over my words, before giving him a sheepish grin.

He looks at me like I've grown two heads and has the 'what the f*ck?' face on his face.

"Come again?" he asks a little bewildered.

Come on Katherine. You can do this! You survived from being kidnapped and being stalked all your life so what going to happen after asking this question! As people say to guys, grow some b*lls! Or a v*gina in this case.

With that a take a deep breath before pronouncing each word slowly.

"What's an Empathine?" I finally manage to breath out.

At this Jason completely goes tense.

I immediately slouch and a breathy gasp is taken in.

"So it's true. Whatever you said in the office...it's true" I say, dazed.

At this, Jasons' posture goes back to normal and he sighs before releasing a light chuckle, shaking his head.

"I'm gussing you had a vision of the present, when you were unconscious, of what happened in the office?" he asks, an eyebrow raised and a small smile gracing his lips.

I nod stiffly.

"Okay, so why don't we do this. You tell me everything you heard in the office and anything you missed, I'll explain. Work for you?" he asks.

I nod stiffly, yet again.

I take in a small breath before letting it out.

"Becky explained that I was an Empathine. Someone who is born from true mates and has half werewolf blood and witch blood in them. She said that the Moon Goddess? made only a few mates that were a witch and werewolf and that if they had numerous children, she'd choose which child to be an Empathine. I remember she said that they had 'special powers' like seeing visions of the present, future and sometimes the past, being resistant to silver, habing a wolf imside of them and knowing when something bad will happen when they have an uneasy feeling. Becky said that the wolf was special because...because it wasn't like a normal wolf?" I said with my eyebrows furrowed, "She said that it speaks with 75% of logic and not 50% of logic and feelings. I think she said somthing about only a few being able to shift into a wolf and that Empathines can have 'mate'."

I closed my eyes, trying to concentrate and remember what else she had said.

"Oh, yeah. She said something about there can only be 10 at a time and if one dies then you'll have to wait 10 years before another replaces that one, and if two die then you'll have to wait 10 years before two others replace the two etc etc" I finish, my eyebrows still furrowed.

I look up at Jason, only realising now that I had been staring at my lap in concentration while speaking.

He looked at me, flabbergasted.