Chapter 29

So I just wanted to clear things up as I realised the ending for the last chapter might have been a little confusing:

Jason Collins- Soon-to-be Alpha.

Although he is the soon-to-be Alpha, he is doing most of the pack work as he will be taking over soon.

James Collins- Current Alpha of the pack. (Stalker)

-------------------------------------------------------
(Katherine's POV)

I stared at him.

My eyes focused on his; my face void of any emotions; my body absolutely still; no emotion visible in my eyes.

I was hit by the hard force of reality: he had broken me.

The James Collins had broken me.

He had broken me and I have only come to realise it now.

I should be crying from all the emotions flowing through me and that keep building every second...but I can't.

Why should I cry or express emotion?
Why should I cry aloud and shout and scream at him?

Isn't suffering loudly and crying out the same thing as suffering without crying out, but instead you suffer in silence, with no one knowing that you are, in fact, in pain?

If I am going to suffer, why should I give him the satisfaction to see me in pain?

It would show that he had won.

And I will not give him the gratification and contentment to see that he had, in fact, won.

He walked into the room, with his heavy footsteps, but paused at the table with the pictures of the women, man and baby strewn all over it.

A deep chuckle left his mouth as he picked up the pictures I had taken down from the wall.

"Ah, well I see that you have...discovered some things" he said, still staring at the pictures, "haven't you, princess?"

I kept quiet.

He knew that I had figured it out.

That I was adopted; that I was abandoned; that the women in all those pictures is my biological mother; that the parents that were in my life weren't my real parents; that my life was a complete and utter lie.

But now...I wanted answers.

I didn't care if I was exhausted.

I needed the answers. I needed an explanation for all this.

I watched as he slowly placed placed the pictures back on the table and tapped his fingers against it.

"Hmmm", he murmured.

He then turned towards me, staring into my forest green eyes, and tilted his head slightly, examining my face for any sign of emotions or anything that will tell him something.

"No matter. It just means I'll have to tell you my plan earlier than scheduled" he shrugged nonchalantly.

He slowly walked towards me before crouching down to my level, keeping eye contact.

"Hm, I expect you want answers?"

I didn't reply.

"Well, you must have questions. Don't want to ask them?"