Chapter 33

(Katherine's POV)

My eyes shoot open and I gasp for air into the mask that seems to be around my mouth and nose.

My body moves frantically in the sheets everywhere and my heart beat is rapid.

What's happening!?

My eyes seem to be rolling in my sockets as I hear voices around me.

Suddenly, I feel a painful prick in my arm and feel my body relaxing.

My heart beat slows, my eyes stop rolling, my body stops moving frantically in the sheets and my eyes close as the darkness surrounds me.
-----------
My eye lids shoot open as I look around.

I seem to be in a cafe that has only a few customers in it and looked very cosy.

There were booths near the windows and tables, with table cloths on them, were against one side of the wall.

The counter, where the cash register was, seemed to stretch all the way around the corner and had stools on the opposite side of the cash register for other customers to sit.

My eyebrows cam together in confusion.

'Why would I be here?'

I was bought out of my thoughts as I heard the bell ring and saw someone walking in.

A gasp left my mouth as I saw the beautiful women smile at the women at the cash register and order her food.

I slowly walked up to her, my steps hesitant.

It was her: Jason's mom; the women in those pictures where I was kept; the women who faked her own death to get away from...him; the women who left that baby girl at the doorstep.

I reached out to tap her shoulder but realised that no one could see me.

After all, these...dreams have happened to me a couple of times before and no one could see me then so they won't be able to see me now either.

I was, yet again, bought out of my thoughts when I heard the bell ring again.

I turned to see who it was, only to have another gasp leave my mouth.

It was him. Mr Collins. Jason's father.

However, now he looked much younger and looked to be in his early to mid 20's.

I watched as he slowly approached the counter where Jason's mom was.

He approached her and I continued to watch as a smirk appeared on his face.

'What is he up to?'

My question is soon answered as he taps her shoulder causing her to turn around to face him with her drink in her hand.

Her eyes widen significantly, her mouth gaping, as Mr Collins continued to smirk and ran a hand through his hair, an evil glint in his eyes.

Jason's mom recovers and she slightly bows her head before picking it up saying, "Alpha."

As she was about to pass by him to exit the cafe he grabs her upper arm causing her to jerk back violently so she was once more in front of him.

"Where do you think you're going mate?" he whispers sinisterly in her ear.

She gasps, moving her face away from him and steps back angrily.