Chapter 28

Over 13k reads!!! Thank you guys so much!!!
---------------------------------------------------------
(Katherine's POV)

I gasp aloud. No.

My eyes widen significantly and my mouth is gaped open as I stare at him.

No. No. I-It can't be! NO!

"Leave us", he commands the other guy in the room but I pay no attention.

My attention is focused on him.

The person I would've trusted with my life. The person who was there for me when my parents had died. The person who made sure I was okay through out my life without my parents there. The person who was there at their funeral. The person who even gave a speech saying how great and loving people they were; how they cared for everyone; how they always found the good in people.

That person can't be the one standing in front of me. He can't.

How could he do this? I'm disgusted.

I closed my eyes, trying to calm myself down, trying to soak this information in, trying to will the tears to go back, trying to make sense of this whole situation.

"What's wrong my princess?" he asked with worry in his tone.

My eyes shot open and I looked at him with resentment.

"Don't you dare call me that", I said with so much venom in my tone that he should've flinched.

"And why not?" he asked raising an eyebrow, humour dancing in his eyes.

I looked away from his eyes. I couldn't bare to look at him anymore, knowing he was the one who turned my life to hell.

I looked around at my surroundings.

I was sitting on a mattress on the floor while he was standing a few metres in front of me.

I tried to move but I heard a clinking sound and froze.

My hands were chained separately and the chains were piled up at the side of the mattress before leading to the wall.

It wasn't those short chains where you were attached to the wall and you were hanging from it. It was those really long chains that allowed you to move around in the room but were a certain length that you couldn't reach the door to try and escape.

Before I could study the chains anymore I felt a hand on my chin that roughly pulled my face to face his.

I flinched in pain as he was holding my chin very tightly.

"Answer me. Why. Not," he said with a cold tone as he stared down at me with a glare.

Fear consumed me as I saw the humour was replaced with a murderous look in his eyes.

Shit.

But apparently fear doesn't stop my snarky side because I said the next words before I could stop them.

"Because I hate you and I'm not your princess. I never will be. You don't f*cking deserve to call me that."

I felt a sting on my cheek and my face was turned to the left.

I gasped from the excruciating pain and slowly bought a shaking hand up to my cheek but flinched as soon as it made contact with the area.

I slowly turned to face him and looked at him with horror in my eyes.

Did he just...

He still had that murderous glint in his eyes but it was slowly fading now.