Chapter 22

(Katherine's POV)

My scream echoed throughout the whole house and I sat up on the mattress, my eyes wide.

The girls next to me immediately sat up, shocked.

I heard the faint sound of shuffling over my scream and the lights turned on.

"Katherine!? Are you okay?" someone asked me, panicked, but I wasn't paying attention.

The conversation kept playing in my head over and over again.

My hands were in my hair, bunching it up in my hands; tears were running down my face; my heart was beating against my ribcage; my mouth was open but nothing was coming out anymore; sweat was all over my forehead; my breathing was short and fast.

I felt hands move around me trying to calm me down, but I wasn't paying attention.

"She's going into shock!" someone screamed in the distance.

But it was too late.

My eyelids started to close and before I knew it, the darkness took over.

--------------------------

"She should be okay but make sure she stays hydrated and has plenty of rest."

"Thank you so much Dr. Anderson."

Wait. Is that Becky? Why is she talking to a doctor?

"You're welcome Becky. Have a good night."

In the distance I heard a slam of a door and then silence.

What the hell was happening?

I tried to open my eyes but they felt like they were glued shut.

I kept trying but they wouldn't open.

Suddenly exhaustion came over me and my body felt completely numb.

My mind went blank.

----------------------

My eyes slowly fluttered open and I groaned.

I slowly sat up from where I was lying on the sofa and arched my back, hearing a crack.

I let out a sigh of satisfaction and ran a hand through my hair.

I looked around me but there was no one around.

What time was it?

I looked out at the patio doors and realised it was still dark out.

"You're awake!" I heard someone yell from behind me.

Before I could turn around I was engulfed in a hug.

I let out an 'oomph' sound from the impact.

I was soon released from the hug and I looked up at Ruby as she held me shoulders.

"Are you okay? Are you in any pain? Do you want to lie down? Do you feel dizzy? Do..."

"Ruby shut the hell up! Stop bombarding her with questions and let her breath!" Bethany scolded her.

Ruby glared at her in response while Bethany just rolled her eyes at her.

I shook my head at their childish behaviour and couldn't help but smile.

There was a small tap on my shoulder and I turned my head.

"Here. You have to stay hydrated" Becky said with a small smile gracing her lips as she handed me a glass of water.