A Kiss Hello

Hey! This story is a sequel to my previous story. If you haven't read it, i suggest that you check it out! :)

Prologue

(a/n: This story will be written in present-tense, as opposed to the last one written in past)

Four Years Later

Chresanto

I look at my hands and I am literally shaking. My excitement is too real.

It’s been a while since I’ve seen her. I mean, it hasn’t been four whole years because there were times when she came down for events like Craig and Bre getting married and we invited her to an awards show and yadada yada, but she mostly just avoided me. We stopped talking for a long time. We actually only started talking again about a few months ago. The pain subsided for both of us long enough for us to actually have a friendship.

We talked on the phone a lot and shared a lot about what was going on in our lives and stuff. We talked about everything actually. We told each other more than we ever did when we were dating.

And now, we would see each other for the first time in a while, and it won’t even be awkward because we are friends now.

Jacob pulls up to the house (his old house- melanie’s current house) and the outside of it has been painted a nice beige color and I laugh. Not because anything is funny, but because WE ARE FUCKING HERE. I’m the first one out of the car and I quickly grab all my suitcases and shit and go to the front door. I ring the doorbell. I almost feel ridiculous for being a grown man and being this excited but all of that disappears when she opens the door. Her face lights up when she sees me, and I’m sure mine does the same. “Chresanto!” She exclaims.

“Melanie!” I yell and I hug her around her neck tightly and her arms wrap around my waist. I try to hold on longer, but she gets out of it quickly and goes to hug everyone else behind me. Oh since you don’t know, we are here for the summer. We decided to end the group, because we all want separate things and so we’re all just going solo. Jacob wants to focus more on his dancing, Craig wants to focus more on his singing, I want to go into rapping, and Daniel wants to work on making beats and stuff. We decided we’d spend the summer down here before we started working on our careers again.

And by ‘we’ I mean me, Jacob, Dan, Bella and Christina. Craig and Bre didn’t come. I was still pissed at Christina for coming, because I knew why she wanted to and it made me angry.

But ANYWAYS back to what’s happening. Melanie held on to Jacob the longest, and I gotta admit I was kind of jealous. I wanted her to hug me the longest -__-

“Christina…” She says when Christi comes through the door. “I didn’t know you were coming…” She gives her a quick hug.

“Yea, nice to see you too Melanie.” Christina smiles and I roll my eyes. She only came down here to keep an eye on me. In my excitement, I never got a chance to get a good look at Mel. This time I do. Her hips are curvier and her skin seems.. I don’t know, like it’s glowing? She’s wearing a little less makeup, just foundation and eyeliner, and her hair has been cut into a medium-length uhh.. what do they call it? A bob. It makes her look more sophisticated. And hot. Damn she looks good.

Then I take a look around the house. She’s completely remodeled it. It looks more like her. There’s a lot of candles and blankets, and everything just looks more homey. She painted the walls a skin tone color.

I realize how long I must have been looking at everything and turn to face her with a smile on my face. She’s smiling at me too, and I see that we’re alone. “Where’d everyone go?”

“They went to go put their stuff in their rooms.” She says and nods towards my suitcases.

“I’ll go do that too then.” I say and drag my bags upstairs.

When I come back down, everyone is sitting in the living room talking a mile a minute. I watch them as I walk down. Well I watch Melanie. She looks so happy sitting there and laughing with everyone, happier than I’ve ever seen here. I try not to stare, but.. that haircut..

Melanie

I watch Chris come down the stairs without looking at him. I take notice of all the things that are different: his arm muscles seem to be more toned, his hair is cut a little shorter, his facial hair is more defined, his eyebrows have little slits cut into them. He looks good. I pretend to laugh at whatever Jacob’s telling me, but not because I’m not interested. I laugh because I’m so happy they’re here, and because I can’t stop smiling because of it.

Chris comes down and sits so close to me I can feel his familiar body heat, which makes me lose my focus even more. Daniel says something.

“What?” I say, trying not to pay attention too much to him.

“I said I like what you’ve done with the place.” He smiles. His smiles are so amazing, they warm my heart.

“Oh thanks!” I say, maybe a little bit too enthusiastically.

“Yea I like what you’ve done to your hair.” Chris pipes in next to me and my smile gets wider.

“Thanks Roc.” I say to him and he laughs. “Let me see if I can get this right.. Roc Royal, Princeton, Prodigy and Diggy. Those are your names now, huh?”

They all laugh lightly, and Jacob gets up to walk to the kitchen. “Not here, Mel, not here.” He says still smiling.

“Hey Roc come on, quick game.” Dan says, waving a controller in his hand. Chris gets up and plops next to him and grabs a controller. “Alright you’re on.”

--

A little while later, I’m upstairs getting ready to go out. Jacob says he wants to do as much as they can here, and that he’s gonna make sure his vacation is “worthwhile.” That means us doing something every night. There’s a knock on my door and Chris peeps his head in.

“Hey… you ready?”

I smile at him. “Yea.”

“You really look great, Mel.”

I blush and look down. “Thanks.”