Chapter 8: A New Assistant

Chresanto

“Melanie, if we stay in bed together all day Daniel will know for sure.” I say. She’s wrapped around me with one leg over mine.

She sighs. “He probably already does.” She looks so upset about it and I gotta admit- it’s kind of pissing me off she cares so much about it. “That pillow did absolutely nothing for me last night.”

I chuckle and she gives me the evil eye. “It’s not funny Chris.”

I roll my eyes. “Whatever.”

She rolls her eyes too but she doesn’t say anything else about it. Instead she scoots closer to me and puts her hands on my chest and I wrap an arm around her and push her head forward to kiss me. She tastes minty.

“Can you do me a favor? I don’t wanna go downstairs.”

“Sure. Anything.” She doesn’t even have to ask. I’d do anything for her.

“Bring me some food. Anything we got, leftovers, a sandwich or whatever the fuck I have in the refrigerator. And feed Rocky and when he’s done bring him up here? I know that’s a lot but just please please please I can’t go downstairs.”

I laugh. “Of course I will Mel.” I kiss her forehead. “I’ll be back shortly.”

“Ok. I’m gonna take a quick shower. Thank you so so much I love you.” She smiles.

We both get up at the same time and she disappears into the bathroom. I walk downstairs, praying to GOD Diggy is down there. I know Melanie is horrified at the fact that he probably heard us last night, but I couldn’t be happier. Just proof that she. Is. Mine. Unfortunately, I don’t see him. I take Roc out of his cage and carry him to the kitchen to eat. I open one of his cans and put the puppy food in it and then put some water in his food bowl. I pet him while he eats. When he’s done I take him out front to use the restroom and once he does I pick him up and put him down on the kitchen floor. I wash my hands and take out the leftovers from dinner last night and scrape it onto a plate and heat it up.

“Ah he’s alive.” Princeton says, coming into the kitchen behind me. “I was wondering when you were gonna get up. Melanie at work already?”

“Nah she’s upstairs. She’s uh…she’s not feeling well.” I lie. “What time did you and Isabella get in last night?”

“We didn’t. We just got in about an hour ago.”

I raise my eyebrow. “Where were you guys?”

“Motel.” He smirks and I laugh and shake my head at him.

“Where’s uh, Where’s Diggy?”

“How should I know? He wasn’t here when I got here.”

Interesting. The microwave beeps and I take Mel’s food out. I make her something to drink and but the cup in between my arm and side, hold the plate of food with one hand, and pick Rocky up with the other one. I hope her door is open I don’t know how the fuck I’m gonna open it. Thankfully it is. When I walk inside she’s sitting on the bed pulling a t-shirt over her head. She smiles when she sees me and Rocky. I set him down on the floor right in front of where she’s sitting and I hand her her plate.

“Thank you, baby.” She takes it and starts tearing it up which causes me to chuckle. “Oh I’m sorry, do you want some?” She asks with her mouth full. I laugh again and shake my head no and sit on the bed next to her. When she’s finished she puts her plate on her nightstand and picks up Roc and starts talking to him in that baby voice she always uses with him. “So what did Daniel seem like? Did he seem upset or?”