Hiding Behind A Curtain

Unknown POV

It's clear in her eyes that she is hurting. Regardless she laughs with him. He never even knew she existed until Alexis dumped him saying that she wanted someone else. Me though, I know from the start she was a girl. Never said anything because she looked broken.

Right before I was about to finally tell her I knew, he came. He fooled her and broke her even more. It hurts me to see her like this. Pretending that everything is okay.

"Hey Ash, are you okay?" her soft voice says.

Her blue eyes find mine and so does his.

"Yeah. I'm good." I reply.

She smiles and he wraps his arm around her. It makes me angry. I don't care if he is my best friend. He hurt her. That means he hurt me. Soon, I will come and help you Raiden. Even if you don't feel the same.

Raiden's POV

Here we are. My parents, Peyton, Jace, Link, Jake, Ash, Dylan, and I. All of us just eating and talking. It's not that awkward or anything, but Ash has a really serious face on. Dylan is next to me with his arm over my shoulder, while Ash is sending him secret death glares.

I wonder what happened between them. Oh well, not my problem.

Not too much longer and I will be out of Dylan's life. Next comes graduation, then I move to start college and an actual life.

"Hey Ash, are you okay?" I ask, curious.

He breaks out of his thoughts and turns his eyes towards me.

"Yeah, I'm good." he replies.

I smile and he returns it.

"So Dylan, you're coming with us to Ireland?" my father asks.

"Yes sir, I am." he replies with a smile.

"What's in Ireland?" Ash asks.

"That's where we are living right now. The family ball is being hosted there this year." Jace explains.

"Sounds like fun." Jake says.

"It is. When we were little, Raiden and I ran around pranking everyone." Jace says, chuckling at the memories.

"She get is from me." both of my parents say at the same time.

"I think she gets it from both of you." Dylan says.

His phone buzzes in his pocket catching my attention. When he pulls it out, I catch a glimpse at the message. It's from Alexis. The only thing I was able to make out is thank, baby, and do it again. He shuts it off and I act like nothing happened.

In reality, I just want to scream. He is still talking to her. No matter what it hurts.

"I have to go to the bathroom." I say, standing up.

I walk out of the room, then start running. Once I get to the safety of my room, I go out onto the balcony. Deep breaths Raiden.

"Deep breaths." a deep voice says behind me.

I quickly turn around to see Ash. His dark brown hair blows in his face covering his green eyes underneath.

"I know it must be hard to forgive him yet. I still don't." he says, leaning against the railing.

"Why does it make you angry?" I ask, leaning beside him.

"I have my reasons." he replies, looking down at me.

"That's not mysterious at all." I tell him.

He laughs and smiles.

"Your sarcasm is compelling." he says.