How To Tell A Girl You Love Her

Brooke and Ben were becoming a closer couple and Danny was jealous. Ben had probably just found the right girl, but Danny couldn't seem to hit it off with the girl he had his eye on. Riley. In his eyes, she had always seemed to be the most perfect girl in the world, fat or thin, lawyer or high school geek. He remembered when he was in high school how he used to write about her in his journal, calling her Girl X, so that if anyone read it, they wouldn't know. One day, aftershe had left from grabbing something that she had forgotten in the apartment, Danny had just sat there and stared at her. Then Brooke walked in from Emma's room and found him, looking longing at the door and felt a pang of jealousy. She'd known Ben, Danny and Riley since their senior year of high school, when she'd moved in and she'd had her eyes set on Danny forever. But now she was with Ben and she was happy. For tbe most part. So when saw Danny sitting on the couch, looking sad that Riley had to leave, her blood boiled, but she stayed calm and went up to him.
"Yo, Danny. You alright?" She asked him. Danny sighed and turned to her.
"Brooke, how would you want a guy to tell you that he loves you?" Her heart fluttered, but she kept a straight face.
"Well, I would love for him to come up to me in a nice, romantic place, take my hands, and tell me exactly how he felt for me. NP hesitation, and no stutters, except for the nervous ones. Just straight to the point." She said this with such a faraway look, Danny grew worried.
"Did, did I ask a personal question?" He asked her. She shook her head, rather distantly.
"No. Its just that, Ben never did that for me. He did a stereotype sort of thing." Danny patted her shoulder.
"Well, maybe someday, Ben might do it, and give you a great big shiny ring. I'm sure of it." She looked at him, smiled, then gave him a hug.
"thanks Danny. I needed that."