Just a Sleepover

"...Emma, whatever anybody tells you, Daddy and I just had a sleepover." Brooke told the baby the next day while she was watching her, then rethought that sentence. "In the same bed. Without clothes. And we didn't sleep most of the night. But just a fun night, that happened because Auntie Brooke and Daddy drank too much fun juice and will never happen again." She looked down at the baby, who stated up at her with wide eyes. "You're not buying this, are you?" Emma gave a small head shake, and whether it was voluntarily or not, Brooke took it as a hint. "Ah, it doesn't matter. Your Daddy is the type of guy who doesn't stick with the same girl for long, unless he's absolutely positive that she's the one. And the last time that had happened, it involved fun juice and your mom." Then she sighed. "What if I became your mom? Would you like that, Emma? If I married your daddy and became your mom?" Emma smiled and bounced up and down in her crib, and Brooke smiled back. "I'd like that too. But don't tell your daddy. He has his eye on a different girl, and I'm waiting for him to get it through his thick skull." That was when Emma looked behind Brooke, and Brooke sighed. "You're behind me, aren't you?"

"Yeah, I am." Brooke turned around, covering her red face in embarrassment.

"Oh, my god, Ben, forget everything that was just said-"

"I didn't know you liked Ben like that." That wasn't Ben. Brooke looked up, and saw Danny standing there. Brooke sighed with relief.

"Oh, my god, Danny, thank god its you!" She told him, falling back against the crib. "Why are you home so early?"

"Practice ended early." He told her, crossing his arms. "Now, tell me more about this crush on Ben." Brooke shook her head.

"No, its stupid." Danny walked over by her, picked up Emma's Lamby, and stuck it on his head, then grinned at her.

"Nothing's stupid to a guy with a lamb on his head." He told her, and Brooke chuckled. "Now spill." Brooke shrugged, her face completely red.

"Well, it only started back when he asked me out and we were on that date, I felt like I was in love with him. And, after that whole mess with Tucker and he yelled at me, it broke my heart. I felt torn in two, and I couldn't pull myself together. That's why I kept going to your practices. So that I wouldn't just be at home moping." Danny nodded, letting Lamby fall off of his head and back into the crib.

"And just to be clear, this isn't just about Emma?" Brooke shook her head.

"Of course not! Although..." Brooke turned back around and reached down into the crib, letting Emma grab her finger and played with it. "She's a big part of it. I love this little girl like she was my own. I can't imagine being without her." Danny put his hand on Brooke's shoulder comfortingly. 

"Hey, don't worry. Give Ben a bit of time." Brooke shrugged.

"I don't know. I mean, we both know Riley has a crush on him too, and she's my best friend. I don't want to be in the way of her dreams." Danny suddely looked very uncomfortable, and leaned against the edge of the crib.

"Oh, uh, I don't know about that. I mean, maybe Riley likes someone else!" Brooke furrowed her eyebrows.

"Like who? I mean, remember how she talked about him at the bar? She's obsessed with him! And I mean, don't you remember how she joined him at that ice cream bar? And it wasn't just because you got free sundaes with every shift." Danny shifted his weight, the crib creaking.

"I know, but-"

"Danny, watch out!" But the warning came too late. The crib fell over, and Emma tumbled out! Luckily, she fell on carpet and a pile of her blanket, so she wasn't hurt, but she wasn't very happy about her crib falling over, and began crying. "Oh, hang on Emma!" Brooke said, leaning down to pick her up, but Danny went for the same thing, and both of them banged heads!

"Ow! I thought you were getting the bottle!"  Brooke told him, rubbing her forehead. Danny pointed at her, rubbing his forehead.

"I thought you were getting the bottle!"

"Okay, I'll get the bottle, you get the baby." They said in unison, and then they both reached down again, and banged heads again!

"Ah!" They shouted again, Emma howling.

"Then I'll get the baby, you get the bottle." They tried again, and they banged heads a third time!

"Ow!" They shouted again, then Brooke pointed at Danny.

"You get the bottle." She told him. He pointed back.

"You get the baby."

"Deal." They said in unison, then they each stepped to the side, and Brooke picked up Emma while Danny picked up the bottle, and when they came up, they hit their heads a fourth time!

"How!?" They shouted, hurrying out of the room, careful not to bend over anymore.
When they reached the living room, they saw Bonnie standing there, looking confused and a little weirded out.

"What just happened back there?" She asked. Brooke shook her head, carrying Emma over to her highchair, the little girl finally calming down.

"Nothing. The crib fell over, but its been taken care of." Bonnie raised her eyebrows and shook her head.

"Okay..."