Well, You're Still Here

"So maybe not the best day for the park." Ben chuckled as he brought Izzy and her young son Jordan back to the apartment. They had been at the park, and it had begun pouring down rain. Not being prepared, Ben had dressed himself and Emma in a pair of garbage bags. Izzy however, was prepared with a little hat and coat for Jordan, a coat for herself, and an umbrella. "If you need to dry off--"

"We're good." She held up her umbrella, a little exasperated. "Rain or shine, we're always prepared." Ben, very anxious, but he tried to remain calm.

"Make yourself comfortable, while we recycle our raincoats." She gave a small sniff as she set her diaper bag down on the coffee table.

"It smells very..." She took another deep breath, grimacing.

"Male." Ben came back out, smiling.

"On behalf of the three men who live here, thank you." She forced the tightest, fakest smile she could, and Ben sighed, still trying to get her to like him. "Look, we're sorta new on the whole baby-dating scene, so I'm not really sure what comes next. A little peek-a-boo. Maybe some spin-the-bottle."

"That's hilarious." She said, no sarcasm or truth in her words. "But it's almost time for Jordan's nap and I can't imagine putting him down anywhere here, so we should..." She grunted as she pulled her diaper bag off of the coffee table, disgusted by the sticky sound that was created when she pulled it off. "Probably be going." She turned to leave, but Ben ran after her.

"No no no no. Please don't. I know we're probably not up to your usual standards. And the place could use a touch more..." He really took a look around the place. "Baby-proofing." Her eyebrows went up.

"'A touch?' She says, looking at a giant dartboard and 75 choking hazards." She said, before throwing up her hand. "Ben, I'm sorry. I just don't know if you're taking your role as a parent seriously enough." But Ben was insistent.

"And that's why we need to be in your class. We're tired of being pathetic "Befores." He let out an exaggerated sigh, Emma pouting her lip. "We wanna be happy "Afters." He lifted Emma's hands and they both smiled. "We need to be Izzied. Yay, Izzy!" She finally smiled, and even giggled a little.

"I guess I could do a private home intensive. A one-on-one where we go through everything in the place." Ben pumped his fists excitedly.

"Yes! Thank you." She smiled back at him, looking him up and down.

"Maybe we could do it over dinner. My mom's got Jordan tonight, which just means he'll probably know how to mix a Martini before he's two." That made Ben freeze, remembering what tonight was.

"Tonight? As in this evening? Hours from now?" She shrugged, hopeless.

"It's really the only time I have. And there's no way that I could let the two of you into my class." That made him jump up excitedly.

"Then tonight it is! But I'm just letting you know, I'm a really fast learner, so get ready to put the baby pedal to the daddy metal." He chuckled, but she just stared. "I have no idea what that means."

BABYSITTER

"Ben, honey, there is such a thing as being too protective," Bonnie told him as she cut chicken for his and Izzy's dinner tonight as he took the "hazardous" objects away, and now the apartment was practically empty. "Did I pick you up every time you cried? No. Did I feed you every time you were hungry? No. Did I fix those frayed wires behind the TV? I mean, what am I? An electrician?" Ben gave her a look. "Come on, Ben, you turned out..." She thought about it for a moment. "well, you are still here." Ben shook his head.

"I feel so coddled." She smiled at him.

"Well, you should, since I'm making dinner for you and lady goo-goo." He went over to examine her chicken.

"Hey, that's organic chicken, right? She only eats organic." Bonnie just snorted.

"Yeah, right. Like I'm going to spend 40 bucks on a breast of chicken. I don't spend that much per cup on a bra." Ben groaned, giving her an annoyed look.

"Mom! This is important." She rolled her eyes, letting out a sigh.

"Honey, your brother is 6'5" and he grew up eating dirt." Before Ben could say anything else, Riley came in excitedly.

"I did it! I got the job. You are looking at the newest employee of Bender, Bowman, Brockman and some guy whose name I can't pronounce."

"Congratulations." Ben said to her, smiling happily.

"Thank you."

"Wow. That's a really long name for a strip club." Riley plastered her smile on her face, so as not to reveal how annoyed she suddenly was.

"It's a law firm and I start my internship on Monday." Bonnie nodded, her eyes big and wide.

"Well, then you better find the rest of that skirt before then because I can kinda see your tonsils." Riley looked down at her skirt that barely skimmed her knees, a little concerned now.

"This is the most conservative thing I have."

"Well, Emma and I are heading to the outlet mall for their monthly madness sale. It's 40% off of 40% off. Which I think means, they pay you." Riley thought for a minute, really trying to figure out whether or not she truly wanted to go on a shopping trip with Bonnie Wheeler.

"Well, I actually could use a couple of new suits." Then she took a deep breath. "Here's something I'm gonna regret. Mrs. Wheeler, will you take me shopping?" Bonnie shrugged, ignoring the "regret" comment.

"Absolutely. I can always use somebody to block those perfume ladies. Those bitches are tough." Then she looked at the time, and went to grab her purse. "But we should probably get going before the fight starts."

"Oh, that's right." Rily thought she remembered. "I forgot the fight of the decade is tonight." Bonnie shook her head however.

"No. I mean the one Ben's gonna be getting into with the boys when they find out that he's ditching them for Dizzy."

"Izzy." Ben corrected, Bonnie, waving it away.

"Whatever." Ben rolled his eyes at the two of them.

"Hey, it's for Emma. They'll understand."