That Woman Was Mean!

"I can't believe this is happening." Ben muttered as he piled jars of baby food into a cart. "I'm not ready to be a dad. What if Angela never comes back?" Tucker came running over, eating out of a jar.
"Oh, my God, taste this." He told him happily. "Yo. Chicken, carrots, and pasta." Ben raised his eyebrows.
"Okay?"
"All in this little jar!" Tucker chuckled. "It's like, gross, yet oddly delicious." Then he saw Ben's face. "Come on, man. It's gonna be okay."
"How do you know?" Tucker shrugged.

"I don't, but it's all I got." That was when a woman came up to them.
"Excuse me, how old is your baby?" Ben and Tucker looked to each other. They had no clue.
"Oh, um... That's a good question." Ben told her. "I met Angela at that party in the village... Mm. And we dated for maybe six weeks before we were... Intimate. And she broke up with me pretty much right after that. I'm sure there was no correlation. So, we're into August now, and they take, like, nine months once they're up and running. I think so. So..." He sighed, then Tucker tapped his shoulder.
"Three months." Ben threw up his hands.
"Three months!" Then he looked back at the woman. "My baby's three months old." The woman shook her head.
"Mm-mm. Put this back." She started picking stuff out of the cart and putting it back on the shelf.
"What?" Ben was confused, just as Brooke came over with a box of diapers.
"She ain't got no teeth. Put it back." The woman told Ben, and Brooke sighed, before setting the box into the cart and began to help the woman.
"I leave you two for five minutes and you already don't know what you're doing." She told them. The woman looked at her.
"Is he your husband?" She asked, gesturing to Ben. Brooke shook her head.
"Oh no, we're just friends. I live in the same apartment building with him." The woman nodded, then took Brooke down the aisle as if they were old friends.
'"Well, if you're going to be helping him, first thing he needs to know is that the baby ain't got no teeth yet, not until she's four months old..." Ben and Tucked exchanged looks. This was harder than they thought.

BABYSITTER

Two hours later, the three of them walked into the apartment, where Riley and Danny were taking care of Emma.
"We're back." Ben called. Danny and Riley came over, Riley feeding Emma a bottle.

"Hey." Riley called.
"Ben, you're not gonna believe what Riley was just- Aah!" Riley whacked Danny, and he stopped talking.
"How'd it go? You guys left and I realized I should have given you a list." Riley told them, distracting them from Danny.
"Why?" Tucker asked sarcastically. "I mean, everyone knows you're not supposed to give a baby solid food until it's at least four months old and sitting up on its own. That woman was mean!" Brooke sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose.
"They were about to buy snacks for two year olds, had this really nice lady had stopped them and helped us get food more appropriate for Emma's age." Riley nodded as she finished feeding Emma.
"I think we're all done here. Oh, all right. Just one good belch and she's done." She walked over and held Emma out to Ben. "I think you can handle this part." Ben backed away as if she was trying to hand him a poisonous spider.
"What, me? Right now? Are you sure? Hey, Tucker?" Tucker sighed.
"Oh, okay. Great." He then took Emma from Riley and began to pat her back.
"Danny?" Riley said, picking up her purse.

"Yeah?"
"You're in charge." All three guys began to panic as Brooke headed for the kitchen.
"Wait. You're not leaving, are you?" Danny asked.
"Yes." Riley nodded, exasperated.
"No, I'll be good. I promise." Danny told her, getting down on his knees, making Brooke snicker.
"I showed you how to do everything." Riley told him.
"Yeah, but I wasn't paying attention." Danny admitted. "You can't go. Ben, tell Riley she can't go."
"You can't go." Ben told her. Riley threw up her hands.
"Well, why can't Brooke babysit you three?"
"Because Brooke needs her own babysitter for her drunken self later on!" Tucker told her. "Just look at her!" They all looked to Brooke, who had pulled out a six pack and had an empty bottle beside her, while she was halfway through another.
She gave the other four a confused look.
"What? I can get more beer for you guys!" Riley rolled her eyes
"Bye." She opened the door to leave, but Danny stood over her and shut the door, muttering something that the others couldn't hear, though it seemed to bug Riley, who looked to Ben, who was looking at her desperately.
"Please, Riley. We'll never make it through the night without you."
"Don't worry about it, Riles!" Brooke called, slamming her empty bottle onto the counter and pulling out another. "I can handle Danny, two babies, and a kid."
"Hey!" The boys shouted in unison as she popped her third bottle open on the edge of the counter. Riley groaned, but threw her bag back onto the couch.
"Fine. I'll stay." That was when Emma let out a huge belch.
"See? That's what I'm talking about. Right?" Tucker looked proud of himself. "Hey, she didn't spit up on my shirt though, did she?" He turned around, and there was baby vomit all over his shoulder.
"No, looks good." Riley said.
"No, no, you're great." Danny added.
"Brand new, bud." Ben told him.
"Except for the baby barf on your back!" Brooke chuckled, making Tucker gasp and run for his bedroom, handing Emma off to Riley.

(Yes! I added a chapter! And there might be more coming!)