May The Battle Begin

Ben, nor Tucker was about to give up on this battle to win Ava's heart, and both were willing to do anything to make the other lose.

"Your son is an idiot." Tucker told Bonnie, coming in from his bedroom, without a pair of pants.

"Really gonna have to narrow it down." Bonnie told him from where she sat on the floor playing with Emma, and Tucker groaned.

"Ben!" He screamed, unaware of where he was at the second. "Where are my pants?"

"Which ones?" Ben asked, appearing from his room, pretending to be confused on why Tucker was angry.

"All of them!" Ben pretended to think for a moment, then acted as though he remembered. He was having far too much fun with this.

"Oh, I might've run a few things down to the laundromat." There were soo many things that Tucker wanted to say to Ben, but he knew better than to lose his temper. If he lost his temper, Ben won this part of the war, and he wasn't going to let that happen.

"I'm meeting Ava in 20 minutes." He told Ben in a low voice, trying to keep calm, even as Ben did a terrible job hiding his grin.

"Ooh. Argh." He fake grunted, chuckling a little. "That could be awkward. Say "hi" for me." And he headed towards the door, Tucker throwing up his hand, grinning, trying to save face.

"Hey, man. She gonna see me without pants sooner or later. You're just saving me some time." Then he headed back to his bedroom, just as Danny and Brooke came in.

"Danny, come on!" Brooke exclaimed, throwing up her hands in exasperation, Bonnie looking up at them with a smile.

"Oh, hi, honey." She greeted Danny as he went over and sat on the ottoman, grunting, sighing, then blowing a raspberry a little dramatically, Brooke groaning and sitting behind him, leaning against him so they were back to back, Bonnie pursing her lips. "Maybe it's that mother-child bond finally kicking in, but I'm getting the sense you want to talk, and apparently not to Brooke!" Danny let out another sigh, and they both turned to her.

"It's Riley." They both said at the same time, thinking about the long conversation, or more argument that they had been having in the car on the way back to the apartment.

"You were right." Danny finally admitted to his mom. "I do like her. I've always liked her." Bonnie pumped her fist, ecstatic to here that.

"Oh, I knew it!" Then she realized something. "Oh, wait. So is that what you guys were doing every day up in your room after school?" Brooke jumped and looked at Danny with the same thought as Bonnie did an impression of Danny. "Get out, mom. We're studying." Danny shook his head wildly, pushing his hair back, frustrated.

"Nothing has ever happened!" He insisted with a sigh. "She doesn't even know."

"Well, she might know now. You did just try to kiss her." Brooke commented, and Danny's eyes went wide.

"Oh my God! I just tried to kiss Riley!" He cried out, burying his face in his hands with a loud groan. "What's wrong with me?" Bonnie sighed, coming over and sitting next to Danny, putting her hand on his shoulder comfortingly.

"Well, apparently you're a boy in love."

"But I don't want to be." Danny told her, then had an a little bit of inspiration. "Or... I want her to be. Yeah, that's better. Her in love with me. That's what I want."

" I don't think that's going to work." Brooke admitted, coming onto his other side and putting her hand on his other shoulder, laying her head on his shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm sorry, honey, but you can't make somebody fall in love with you." Bonnie agreed, thinking back to the times she tried to make someone fall in love with her. "No matter how hard you try. If you could, my name would be Bonnie Bon Jovi, and I'd be floating in a hot tub, topless right now, so..."

"Mom." Danny interrupted her, pushing his hair back again. "Oh. What am I supposed to do?"

"Be happy that she doesn't hate you?" Brooke tried, but Bonnie had a better idea.

"Be grateful that you have a friend as devoted and caring as Riley." That was when Tucker came out, a belt tied as tight as it could be around his waist, a pair of Danny's jeans hanging around down by his ankles.

"Oh, hey, man. Borrowing these." Tucker told him, a friendly grin across his face as he waddled his way across the room. "Hope you don't mind. Okay? Got a date to get to, you..." That was when he tripped over the long legs, and his smile vanished faster than anything. "oh my God!" Bonnie sighed as Brooke went over, lifting Tucker from under his arms and dragging back to his bedroom to wait out his pants so he could try to meet with Ava again later.

"Trust me, Danny." Bonnie told him kindly. "Good friends are hard to find. However, stupid ones are lying all over the place."

BABYSITTER

Later that night, Ben was getting ready to leave for the evening, and stepped out into the living room to find Tucker sitting there, waiting for him.

"Going somewhere?" Tucker asked slyly, and Ben narrowed his eyes at him, already wondering what his new rival was up to.

"Yeah, as soon as my mom gets here, I was..."

"Hoping to meet Ava down at the club?" Tucker finished, and Ben nodded. "I heard she was gonna be there, too." Ben pouted, slumping.

"Dude, come on. It's gonna get really weird if we both show." Tucker just smiled, reaching into his back pocket.

"Oh, well, fortunately that's not gonna happen." He chuckled, sitting up happily. "Because your mom's at the cell phone store replacing her battery that mysteriously disappeared Oh. Oh." And from his pocket, he produced Bonnie's phone battery, Ben glaring darkly at him.

"You'll never get away with this."

"Oh, I believe I just did." Tucker told him, smiling as he stood up, chuckling. "Excuse me." He headed for the door, and stopped, turning to face Ben one last time. "Oh. Forgot my lip balm. Definitely gonna need this." He applied a heavy layer, and walked out the door, Ben already formulating a plan.