I'm Not Married to the Job

"So just to be clear, we are over Ben and Riley, right?" Brooke asked Danny as they walked down the street. "Well, I'm over Ben, are you over Riley?" Danny shrugged.

"I don't know. I mean, I've been in love with her my whole life. She's my best friend, and I don't want to lose her." Brooke patted his arm.

"You wouldn't lose her. I'm sure of it." That was when Tucker ran by pushing the stroller, Bonnie right behind him.

"You gonna run from me?" She shouted.

"You're so fast!" Tucker called back.

"You're gonna run from me?!" Bonnie shouted again.

BABYSITTER

"So now that I've conquered New York, I'm taking the Henderson brand national." Henderson was saying inside the bar as Brooke and Danny walking in. "Chicago, Atlanta, first stop Miami. You ready for that, Wheeler?"

"Wait, are you offering me the job?" Brooke stopped short. That idiot's plan actually worked!

"Nothing's final, but why don't you and Riles fly down for the weekend and check it out? It'll be fun." Henderson teased them, though Riley looked unsure.

"Uh, this- this weekend?" She asked. "You know what? I don't think I can make it down to Miami." Henderson tilted his head.

"Are you sure about that? We all know how much you like hotel rooms." Ben smiled at her.

"Sounds like an offer we can't refuse, huh, babe?"

"I don't think this is a good time, Dan-" Brooke looked to her side, and saw that Danny was already heading over to Riley. "Danny!"

"Riley?" Too late. "I know this might not be the best time to tell you this, but you need to hear it and I need to say it. I'm in love with you and I think we should be together." Riley was silent, and Brooke feared that she may or may not have just ruined Danny's life. "Please say something." He begged.

"Well, I guess the cat's outta the bag." Riley said suddenly, picking up her purse and standing up. "Ben, I am so sorry to do this to you, but your brother and I are in love."

"We are?" Danny asked her, looking ecstatic.

"You are?" Both Ben and Brooke asked in unison, and Riley nodded.

"I realize that Thanksgiving might be a little awkward this year, but I'm hoping that in time you'll come to accept it." Then she looked to Henderson, who looked only mildly shocked. "You should really hire Ben. The kid could use some good news." Then she turned to Danny. "All right, let's go, babe." She waved to Brooke as they passed by. "Don't wait up for us, Brooke!" Brooke's jaw dropped, and she hurried out the door after them.

"Hold the phone!"

"Riley?" Danny asked, completely confused as Riley laughed.

"You were brilliant! "I'm in love with you"?" Brooke felt her heart drop, and Danny felt his heart break. She had thought it was all an act. "If this whole hockey thing doesn't work out, you should totally be an actor. Because I swear for like two seconds I actually believed you."

"Riley-" Danny tried again, but she interrupted him.

"You are so sweet to come to my rescue. You promised you would stop me and you did." She pulled Danny into a tight hug. "Thank you." Then she pulled away and took off the ring. "Mm. Well, guess that finally answers the question of what it's like to be married to Ben, huh?" That was when her phone rang, and she smiled when she saw who it was. "Jack. A guy who's actually interested in me. Maybe I'll see what that's like." She smiled at the two of them. "Do you wanna come with? Drinks are on me." Danny shook his head, giving a meaningful look towards Brooke.

"No, I'm good." Riley's smile fell a little, but she nodded.

"Okay."

"Thanks." And she walked away, and Brooke walked up closer to him, patting his back. "Man, I gotta work on my go time." Brooke nodded.

"Yeah." Then she remembered something, and she smiled at Danny. "Hey, look at the bright side! You're still friends! And that could've ended badly!" Danny gave her a look, and she sighed. "I'm sorry, Danny." He shrugged.

"Hey, as long as she's happy." Then he looked down at her again. "So, how about those drinks? You pay for my heartbreak?" Brooke smiled.

"Nice try, hockey player. You know I'm broke!" He chuckled.

"Broke Brooke. Got it." Then she grabbed him by the hand.

"Now come on! Momma needs herself a beer! Some gin and tonic! A bit of Bloody Mary! Basically, alcohol!" Danny remembered the possible human growing inside of her, and shook his head quickly.

"I was more thinking a soda! You know, some Sprite, or root beer! Maybe a Coca Cola!" She furrowed her eyebrows, knowing just how much Danny liked to drink beer, but nodded.

"Okay then, soda it is!"

BABYSITTER

"Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug!" Danny drunkenly cheered later as Brooke drained thirty shots and was now polishing off a large bottle of vodka.

"And the queen's crown remains on her head!" She cheered, setting the bottle down on the counter, just as Danny's phone beeped.

"Ben texted me!" He told Brooke. "He's not taking the job!" Brooke laughed loudly as she picked up another shot that Carson had put down for her.

"What an idiot!" Then she raised her glass. "To having no morals!"

"No morals!" Danny toasted her, and the two drank to their forgotten responsibilities and morals.

(So, a lot of you want to know if Brooke is pregnant. Well, a little bird told me that there's a magical book of spoilers lurking around on the Hatter's profile that might answer that question. Now, I'm certain none of you are going to read it. I am planning on posting that chapter here soon, I just want to do a few episodes before I do the one where the secret is revealed!)