Ben Punched a Hole in the Wall. Why?

Brooke began hang out at the guys house more often, but always with Bryan. Ben tried going out, but he always ended up turning back to Brooke. Danny was still trying to get Riley's attention and Bonnie was being Bonnie. As the days went by, Ben found himself comparing himself to Bryan. Bryan was tall and manly while Ben was short and still had baby face. Bryan had a clear permanent record while Ben had an accidental baby. Bryan was a hockey player while Ben worked at a bar. And something that rather irked Ben, was that Bryan always called Brooke, Brookelyn. Sure he called her sweetie or honey, or something, but normally it was always Brookelyn. Ben also noticed that Brooke was a bit more, prim, since she met Bryan. She often wore a tight skirt that reached her knees and some business type shirt, or a day dress. She had never done that for Ben. She was herself around Ben. But he didn't like the changes she had taken for Bryan.
A few months, almost a year later, it was Christmas time. Everyone was super excited. Ben and Danny were cleaning up the apartment. They were having an early Christmas party because a bunch of them were going away for Christmas and they all wanted to give out Christmas gifts to each other before they left. So Ben put a Santa Claus costume on and dressed Emma up in a red, white, and green dress as people began to arrive. There weren't many people. Just some people from work, Brooke and Bryan. Riley was there, and so was Bonnie too. They all listened to the Christmas music and ate the cookies that Tucker had made. They laid presents under the Christmas tree that stood in the hallway that led to the bedrooms. Soon, about around the time everyone was really close to getting drunk off the eggnog, Ben decided it was a good idea to open some presents. So he had everyone gather around the couch and open gifts. He felt very happy to be in this crowd of good people, but at the same time, even after so long, wanted to be that guy with his arm wrapped around Brooke. She sat on the floor in the corner by the TV, curled up next to Bryan, who sat crisscross with his hand around her and her head on his shoulder. Then Ben shook the feeling away. He was trying to get over Brooke. He'd been trying for nearly a year now. After everyone had opened presents, Ben stood up with Emma.
"Alright everyone, say goodnight to Emma. She's gotta go to bed if she wants to see Grandpa while he's still alive tomorrow. When Grandma doesn't kill him." He said in a singsong voice, taking Emma's small hand and waving to everyone. Everyone stood up and waved goodbye to Emma and Ben as they gathered their coats, but Bryan cleared his throats
"Excuse me everyone. May I have your attention please? I want everyone to witness this." Everyone looked at him as he pulled a small box out of his pocket, then turned to Brooke. "Brookelyn, I've known for almost a year, but it feels like forever." He got down on one knee and Brooke gasped. "And I've thought this through and decided I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you." He held up the small box. "A beautiful, responsible, loving, young woman." Then he popped the box open and there sat a small diamond ring. "Brookelyn, will you marry me?" She covered her gasping mouth, then nodded.
"Yes. Yes I will marry you!" He smiled and stood, then kissed her, wrapping his arms around her waist. The crowd cheered and clapped for them, until they heard a big crash, and turned to see Ben had punched a hole in the wall. He looked at them as they stared at his dust covered arm.
"Sorry. Just gotta little overexcited there." He mumbled. Brooke felt dread as she stared at his hand. She was worried what was going to happen next.

(What the actual eff!! He proposed! Ring the wedding bells! Throw the rice! Pour the champagne! Bring us single ladies some tissues because we have lost a member of the Single Pringle club and we're crying our eyes out! Can't wait for next weekend! Stay tuned!)