The Dance Off

"Brooooke! Brooke!" Ben banged on the door, bouncing up and down with Emma in his arms like he was about to wet himself as he banged on Brooke's apartment door, Brooke poking her head out, panting with her face red and covered in sweat, looking annoyed. 

"What do you want?" She demanded, and he furrowed his eyebrows.

"What are you doing in there?" he asked, almost she had a guy in there, and they were going to hurt the baby.

"I'm working out, what do you want?" She asked again, and he jumped up, taking Emma off of his hip and holding her out to Brooke.

"Could you watch Emma for me while I go kick Tucker's ass at being the right guy for Ava?" She lowered her eyes at him.

"No." She shut the door again, and Ben went back to banging on it, pressing himself against the door. 

"Please, Brooke, I really need help!" She just turned on some loud music, and Ben sighed. He had to find some other way to make sure that someone was watching Emma and letting him go and see Ava.

BABYSITTER

"You're a really good dancer!" Meanwhile, at the club, Ava was dancing with Tucker, and both of them were having a good time. 

"I just needed some inspiration!" Tucker tried charming her, smiling, but due to the loud music, she couldn't really hear him.

"What?"

"Inspiration!" He repeated, trying to be louder, but she still misheard him.

"Yeah, me too! It's pretty hot in here!" Tucker shook his head, just letting go of the whole idea, just as Ben came dancing over, smiling in his flirty smile and moving his hips.

"Ava, hey!" Ava's eyes went wide when she saw him, and her whole happy attitude became more forced as she tried to stay positive and not let it loose that he was her other man.

"Ben! What a surprise!" She said with a fake, cheerful grin as she bobbed up and down, Ben scooting between her and Tucker smoothly.

"You want to get something to drink?" he asked, and she gestured to Tucker, a little awkwardly.

"I'm kind of with somebody!" She told him, and Ben looked to Tucker as though he had just seen him. 

"Oh, sorry! I didn't see him there!" he said, his entire demeanor changing once he looked to Tucker, Tucker glaring at him. He knew what Ben was up to, and he wasn't backing down without a fight. But both of them knew that they had to be subtle about it, or else Ava would notice and get mad at them.

"Ben, Tucker! Tucker, Ben!" Ava introduced them to each other, unaware that they knew each other.

"Hey, what's up, man?" They greeted each other, pretending that they had just met, but Tucker had a few questions for Ben.

"Where's Emma?" He whisper-shouted at Ben, and Ben smirked confidently at him.

"I got it covered." he told him, thinking back to the bodyguard outside that he had left Emma with in her baby carrier.

"Do you two know each other?" Ava asked them, and they both shook their heads at her.

"No." Tucker told her, smiling cheerfully.

"Never seen him before." Ben added, and Ava smiled with relief. 

"Okay, well, I guess I'll talk to you some other time." She told Ben, and Tucker was ready to watch him crumble, but Ben was already formulating a new plan.

"Right. Yeah. Another time." Tucker came in between Ben and Ava, nudging Ben out of the way to take over Ava's full attention.

"Run along now." He chuckled, waving Ben away, but Ben had one last plan. 

He got on the dance floor, formed a big circle, and started dancing. But he didn't just dance. He took over the entire floor, gaining Ava and Tucker's attention all over again, and Ava's approval. 

"Wow! He's really good!" She commented, but Tucker wasn't giving up yet. Tucker came over, and took the floor, Ava smiling as she watched him, until Ben took over again, shoving Tucker off again, before Tucker tried to barge in again, and they both just ended up on the floor, moving around wildly, and Ava went to grab her purse, catching both of their attentions so they finally stopped and ran after her.

"Ava!" 

"Ava, wait!"

"Okay, that was just full on weird!" She told them, and Ben sighed. He was ready to give up the game at this point.

"Here's the truth." He told her, gesturing to himself and Tucker. "We're roommates." Her face of embarrassment went to disgust, but Ben put on his charming smile, giving this one last shot. "We don't have to be. So don't let that stand in the way of you and me fulfilling our destiny." She shook her head at once at that.

"Dating two guys was already a little out of my comfort zone." She admitted. "But, roommates? I don't think so." She tried to leave again, but Tucker stopped her this time. He was pretty tired of playing games with him.

"Wait. We weren't trying to lie to you." He told her sincerely. He didn't care if he got with her anymore, he just felt terrible for treating her like she was simply a prize. "It's just, we both think you're pretty special. And obviously worth fighting for." Ben nodded, trying to be just as sincere, but he did really care about getting with her. 

"Look, there's no reason that one of us shouldn't at least get to know you better." He told her. "If that's cool with you." She looked at them both as though they were crazy.

"You guys want me to choose? Right now? Are you sure?" She asked them. Even she knew that this wasn't going to be a good idea, but Ben just smiled at her.

"Don't worry. He's tough. He can take it." He told her, very certain that she was going to pick him without a doubt.

But Ava, surprised him. "I guess I pick Tucker." 

"Ha!" Ben exclaimed, pointing at Tucker triumphantly. "In your..." Then he realized what she said, and turned back to Ava. "what?!"