Chapter 1

(Aria in media.)

I shut my books in my locker as the hallways continued to fill with students. I liked this. I liked the busy, excited atmosphere and crowds of people. Things in which my parents wouldn't understand.

"Dria!"I heard someone yell from down the hall. I turned and saw Aria. Aria was the type of person who couldn't be pushed around by anyone. She was gorgeous and tall with her blonde hair and brown eyes. She was the epitome of gorgeous, leggy blonde. She had a bit of a reputation for doing whatever she wanted. Some would classify her as a bad ass. I classified her as my best friend.

"Ari!" I smiled back as she finally made it to my locker. She raised an eyebrow at my clothes.

"I don't see why you have to keep sneaking cute clothes out of your house. Just tell your parents that you look hot and they need to deal with it," Aria said. I chuckled as I took off the long-sleeved button up shirt I was wearing to expose a crop top similar to Aria's. I took off the long plaid skirt to reveal some high-waisted dark wash shorts. Aria had on a pair of galaxy leggings.

"Yeah, right after I shake hands with the president and win the Noble Peace Prize," I joked as I shoved my clothes in my locker. I pulled my hair out of the braid and ditched my glasses in my purse as I slammed my locker shut.

"I swear your family is Amish. I'm surprised they let you go to a school where there's boys and electricity," Aria joked right back as she slung an arm over my shoulder.

"Hey! Don't joke about that. I almost did end up in an all girls school," I said. Aria burst out laughing as we continued on to our first period.

Aria and I became friends freshman year when we got partnered up for a project. I loved her no bullshit attitude and I guess she saw something in me because we were inseparable after that. She wasn't on my parents' approved friends list, but that's only because she hasn't met them. I knew if that happened, I would never be able to hang out with Aria again.

We made it to our class and slipped into our seats. I pulled out my notebook and got ready for class. Aria understood my parents' expectations of me and left me alone during classes. The day went pretty quickly actually. Before I knew t, it was time for lunch. Despite my academic standing, I was actually quite popular. We sat at the table in the middle of the cafeteria with our other friends, Cassie, Nate, Brooke, Dallas, and Cooper. They were Aria's friends first, but when I started hanging out with her, they accepted me too.

"Hey Ari, Dria, so are you guys going to Porter's party tonight?" Dallas asked with her slight country twang. With her blonde hair and blue eyes, Dallas was as posh and southern as her name suggested.

"Come on, Dallas, you know Dria doesn't party," Aria said. I don't know what happened in that moment but something in my just snapped. I was tired of not having a life and not getting to have fun. I was 18 years old. I was graduating this year and I had yet to go to a party.

"Well, something could be arranged," I shrugged.

"Hot damn, little Dria might be growing up guys," Cooper joked. I glared at him playfully as everyone at the table started talking excitedly. When I said I never got out, I wasn't lying.

"But for this to happen, I need you guys' help," I said. They were all immediately on board. I smiled in anticipation.

Tonight, I was going to party my ass off as my one night of freedom.