Chapter 39

"Dria, wait, please," he begged as he wrapped his arms around my waist. I tried to push him away but he wouldn't budge.

"Zane, let go of me," I struggled as I pushed against his chest.

"Not until you agree to give me another chance, please," he said in a rush.

"Zane, stop!" I yelled, growing more and more claustrophobic by the second.

"Hey!" I heard Tyler's voice before Zane was ripped off of me. I was panting and shaking as I crossed my arms over my stomach protectively. I would have fought harder, but I was scared for the baby. Tyler stood as a barrier between Zane and me as he glared at Zane.

"What the hell is your problem?" Tyler yelled at him. I grabbed Tyler's arm as he took a step toward Zane. I knew what Tyler wanted to do to Zane, and the last thing I needed was a fight on my hands. Tyler looked at me confused as I shook my head.

"Don't," I asked softly.

"Dria, I'm not trying to hurt or scare you. I just wanted to touch you. I want this baby, Dria... I want us," Zane let out in a rush. I caught my breath and sighed.

"Go home, Zane. I'm sure Paris, or Dallas, or Christine, or whoever is occupying your bed, is wondering where you are. I'm going to take my leftover, inexperienced-self inside and spend time with my friends. I know you're not familiar with the concept, but friends are people who care about you and protect you from jack-asses who break your heart," I said tiredly. Tyler stepped up to Zane, forcing him out of the door.

"Dria, I'm sorry," Zane said in a last stitch attempt. Tyler just slammed the door in his face before he pulled me into a hug.

"Are you okay?" He asked in concern as he looked me over. I shrugged. I was even too tired to cry over something so stupid. Tyler sighed and looked me over again before he scooped me up in a cradle.

"Tyler, what are you doing?" I asked, trying to get down. He rolled his eyes with a sigh as he began walking up the stairs.

"Chill out, Dria. You're tired, I'm taking you to your room. I'll tell the girls to cancel and we'll leave you alone tonight," Tyler explained as he nudged my room door open with his foot and pushed his way inside, being extra careful with me. I heard jingling before Domino was waiting on my bed. Tyler sat me on my bed next to Domino and pulled out his phone. I laid down with a sigh and rubbed my hand over my stomach.

"Cassie got stuck in lessons and wasn't going to come anyway. Presley has to deal with him, too. I don't want to make her stay with him and listen to... whatever he plans on doing tonight. Just tell Ari not to come because she's going to want the story and I don't feel like explaining it again tonight. But Tyler? Will you stay... please?" I asked. He nodded.

"Of course I'll stay," he said. He pulled the covers over me after I settled on my side before he sat on the other side of my bed and got to work on texting everyone. After a few minutes, I heard the click of his phone locking before he set his phone aside. "There, all done. Presley will be over in an hour or so," he said. Domino adjusted himself over my feet as Tyler stood.

"Where are you going?" I asked as I sat up. He knelt next to my side of the bed and took my handing his.

"Get some rest, Dria. You've had a long day. I'll be downstairs," he said. My hand squeezed his tighter as he started to leave.

"No, wait. Stay here with me, please," I asked timidly. I felt vulnerable and lonely all of the sudden. I was being insecure and unsure of myself because as much as I didn't want to admit it, Zane's word hurt me deeply.

"Okay," Tyler agreed quietly. He got back in on the other side of the bed and got under the covers with me. I laid back on my side and pressed my back into his chest as his body curled slightly around mine. His arm draped over my waist and his hand rested on my stomach. "Get some sleep, Dria. I'm not going anywhere... I promise," he said softly. Eventually, I was lulled to sleep by Tyler's body heat and the softness of his touch.