Chapter 48

"What's happening right now?" Tyler asked confused as he caught a glimpse of Aria.

"The baby shower is still on," Aria explained. Tyler's smile widened.

"Okay, great because a lot of planning went into it. It's Friday," Tyler said. I felt my eyes bulge as I looked at him shocked. Tyler chuckled at my face. "Aria and I planned it a long time ago. Invites have already been sent out and we already have a head count for who's coming. Fehtra and Ben took the day off to be there also. All you have to do is show up," Tyler explained. I was torn between hugging them and kissing them.

"B-But what if I said no?" I asked curiously.

"Prceeded to drag your ass to the party anyway and staple a smile on your face," Aria answered nonchalantly with a shrug.

"Ari!" I squealed in surprise.

"What?" she asked innocently as Tyler laughed so hard, his eyes were watering. I sighed and just shook my head at the two. If I hadn't said it enough already; Aria is bat-shit crazy.

"Of course, the shower would have been a lot easier to plan, had you been cooperative," Aria said. I looked at her in shock.

"I didn't even know you were planning a baby shower for me," I said incredulously. Our interaction just sent Tyler into another laughing fit. He was on the floor now, and Domino was actively trying to lick his face. I rolled my eyes and picked up my plate of food from the coffee table.

"Whatever," I muttered before I stuffed a fork-full of food in my mouth. Fehtra came into the living room after Tyler finally managed to stop laughing. He sat on the couch next to me. Fehtra smiled at us.

"Hey, tyler said you were awake. How do you feel?" she asked in her typical 'caring doctor' fashion.

"When did you find out about the baby shower?" I asked instead. Fehtra shrugged.

"A few weeks ago when they started planning it. But we're hosting it here so we kind of had to know. Plus, Ben and I took the day off to support you," Fehtra answered.

"Which I already told her," Aria added her two cents. I rolled my eyes before I continued to eat.

"Don't sweat it, Dria. It'll be fun. games, food, gifts... it's like a birthday party for the unborn," Fehtra tried to cheer me up. It wasn't working. It was like Zane trying to get me to go to Homecoming all over again. Fehtra left the living room as I continued to eat with a pout.

"Have you thought of any names yet?" Aria asked to change the subject. I stopped eating and set my plate on the coffee table. Suddenly, I wasn't hungry anymore.

"I didn't want to get too attached if I chose to go the adopting route," I said softly as I played with my hands.

"Dria, you're going to have to make a decision soon," Aria said sympathetically. I tried to swallow the rising lump in my throat. I knew she was right, but this was a tough decision to make. I wanted to make sure that I made the right choice. I couldn't be selfish.

"I'm getting kind of tired again. I'm going to lay down," I excused myself. At 24 weeks, my time was running out. I only had about two more months before my baby was coming. Both choices were scary to me, and the funny thing was, I wasn't even thinking about college anymore. All I did was eat, sleep, and breaths wither the baby or Zane. It was good to get some space from Zane so I could focus solely on my baby and what the hell I was going to do

~