Chapter 59

My eyes shot open as a liquid flowed between my legs. My hands flew to my stomach. If I wasn't mistaken, I think my water just broke. The contraction that followed only confirmed my suspicious. Sheya was coming now... in the middle of the night. I rolled to a sitting position on the end of my bed. I reached over and hit Tyler repeatedly on the chest. He shot up and turned the bedside lamp on.

"What's wrong?" he asked groggily.

"My water just broke," I said in shock. I knew it would happen eventually but I wasn't ready. I was scared. Tyler scrambled up and looked around frantically. He grabbed my labor bag as I reached for my phone. I called Zane.

"Hello?" he answered sleepily.

"It's me," I said quickly. "Zane, I'm going into labor," I said as calmly as I could as Tyler went to go wake Ben and Fehtra. I heard Zane drop the phone and shuffling before he was back on the phone.

"O-Okay, what do I do?" he asked in a panic. I couldn't help but to find his behavior comical.

"Calm down and meet us at the hospital," I said before I hung up. A contraction hit me and I held onto my stomach with a groan.

"Dria, it's time to go. Fehtra and Ben already left for the hospital," Tyler said, halfway out the door. I stood and held my stomach as I moved to my drawers.

"let me change first, my clothes are all wet," I said.

"Dria, shouldn't we be heading to the hospital?" Tyler asked nervously.

"I need to change," I demanded. Tyler huffed out a breath before he ran to my closet and pulled out a long sundress. He helped me to the bathroom and handed me a towel as he went back to my room. He returned only a few seconds later with undergarments. He yanked my pajamas off gently but quickly. He toweled me off. It would have been awkward had I not had a contraction at the same time. I took a deep breath and tried not to make a big deal of it as Tyler dressed me. Once I was dry and dressed, Tyler just stood in front of me.

"Can we go now?" he deadpanned. I chuckled before I began hobbling to the door.

The whole drove, my legs shook with nerves. I was scared and nervous. Tyler was doing a good job at calming my nerves. He could probably feel the fear coming off of me in waves. He reached over and squeezed my hand in his.

"Everything is going to be fine," he assured me.

When we got to the hospital, Zane and Presley were waiting outside for me in their pajamas. I got out and they escorted me inside. After explaining what the emergency was, I was taken to a room immediately; straight past triage. Then, we waited... and waited... and waited.

My contractions weren't close enough to start pushing, but they were close enough to alert me that I was in labor. We sat in the room and twiddled our thumbs as we waited. It was awkward to sat the least. Zane and Tyler ignored each other's existence as Presley pretended to be interested with what was on the TV at three in the morning. Fehtra and Ben went to the waiting room about half an hour ago. Every now and then, my body would clench with another contraction.

"I texted Ari," Tyler said after a while. I nodded before I looked between Zane and Tyler. I sighed in frustration.

"Okay, I've had enough! That's it! Zane, Tyler... you are both going to be in Sheya's life. You're going to have to get along and play nice," I said. They looked at each other before they looked back to me. Zane was the first to speak.

"Sorry if I have a hard time getting along with the guy who's going to raise my daughter," he responded. Tyler sighed and shook his head.

"I love them, too, Zane. I'm not trying to replace you in their lives; I just want to be apart of it," Tyler said. "You don't have to be so far either. We have more than enough room," Tyler offered. A contraction hit me hard and I groaned as a hand went to my stomach. It passed and was soon replaced with another. My contractions were getting closer. A nurse came in and checked the monitors.

"Only one of you can stay. This baby is coming now," the nurse told them. I gritted my teeth as my hands gripped the bed rail. Presley squeezed my hand gently before she left. Zane was still glaring at Tyler as Tyler stood to leave too. Tyler kissed my head and wished me luck before he left.

"Zane, you have 0.2 seconds to get over yourself, or get out," I gritted, giving him an ultimatum. I took a quick breath as the contraction ended briefly.

"I can't just stand by-"

"You don't have to you stubborn asshole. Tyler just offered you a place with us in Henderson," I explained before I groaned in pain as I began pushing.

"But Presley-"

"Is a big girl... can we have this conversation later? Maybe, I don't know, when I'm not pushing a baby out of my vagina!" I screamed as Sheya began to crown. A nurse gave Zane a gown, gloves, a hair cap, and moved him next to my foot quickly.

"Almost there, one more big push," the doctor instructed me. Zane grabbed my hand as he watched. I squeezed the life out of his hand and gave one last, big push.