Chapter 55B

*Zane's POV*

As Presley would put it, I was back to my old ways and I barely missed a step. I went to a bar out in town and just waited. It wasn't long before a girl came and sat next to me. I glanced at her out of the corner of my eye as I ordered a Scotch on the rocks with my fake ID. I also ordered a dirty martini and slip it over to the blonde who was eyeing me. She smirked before she held up the glass.

"Cheers," she said as she raised her glass before she took a sip. I couldn't help thinking of Dria at the party. I let my drink slide down my throat before ordering another one. She set her drink down before she faced me fully. She was wearing a tight, low-cut red blouse and shorts that let her butt cheeks peek out. Her long, straight blonde hair fell around her shoulders and her makeup was put on thick. I ordered another drink from the bartender before I faced her again.

"You're a cutie," she said as she looked me over. "I'm Mimi," she said as she held out her hand.

"Zane," I said as I took her hand and kissed the back of it. She giggled before she sipped her drink again.

"A charmer, too. Did you come alone?" she asked.

"Yes, you?" I countered. Her smile only widened.

"Hopefully I won't be leaving that way," she hinted. I smirked as I saw the direction she was going in.

"Hopefully," I repeated. "So what brings you around Reno?" I asked. She took a sip of her drink again as her eyes watched me.

"Business conference," she sighed heavily. "It was getting a bit dull," she said.

"Do you want to get out of here?" I asked her, confidentially. She smirked.

"I thought you would never ask," she said as she slid off of her barstool.

~

Almost two hours later, I rolled out of the messed up bed and headed to the bathroom. Mimi was a wild one. She went to sleep almost as soon as we finished. I turned the shower and looked at myself in the mirror briefly as I waited on the water to heat up. It was just then that I realized that I didn't think of Dria once during my romp with Mimi. I didn't feel bad, or guilty. It was natural... easy.

I wasn't in love with Dria.

I got into the shower and rinsed off quickly before drying off and hunting for my clothes. I needed to talk to Dria. I needed to tell her... well, everything. I needed to be honest with her. And I needed to get out of her way if I wanted her to keep our daughter. I wanted to keep our daughter, and I thought about fighting her in court if she gave our girl up for adoption, but I would leave that decision up to Dria because I knew she was only trying to do what was best for them.

After I got all of my clothes on, I double checked to make sure I had everything: phone, keys, etc., before I left the room and went to the elevator. We were on the 22nd floor but it didn't take long to get to the lobby. I stopped up short when I turned the corner to see a very pregnant and impatient Dria. I approached them almost immediately as word vomit came up. I couldn't help it, I was shocked.

"Presley? Dria? What are you doing here? How did you find me?" I asked.

"I needed to talk to you but you were... indisposed," Dria said as she looked me over. I knew she could tell of what just conspired upstairs. I could see the irritation in her face.

"Dria, I-"

"I don't even care, Zane. I'm used to it," she cut me off. I was going to tell her that I was sorry for putting her through this time after time, but I was still a man, blah blah blah. I was actually glad she cut me off. I looked at her curiously. It was Friday night. She wasn't supposed to be here, or with Presley.

"I thought you were going on a date with Tyler tonight," I asked. She glared at me.

"Oh, you remembered his name," she said sarcastically. "I did, but you ruined it. Tyler wanted me to exhaust all of my resources on you before being his girlfriend. I'm now thoroughly exhausted," she explained before she started to leave. I caught her arm. She couldn't just drop a bomb like that on my lap and then walk away.

"Wait, what?" I said quickly. She turned to face me, her irritation very apparent.

"Tyler called off our date because he thought you were still pining for me... I'm getting really tired of explaining that," she said, sidetracked. I was confused. Tyler broke up with her because of me?

"So you're here because you wanted to talk about getting back together?" I asked hesitantly.

Wrong.

"No! I came to see if there even was a reason to not date Tyler, and the only reason is your pride, which doesn't count. You're doing just fine without me," she said. She seemed just as exhausted with our relationship as I was, if not more.

"I do need to talk to you, Dria," I said seriously. She took a breath before I started to walk out of the public lobby to get to a quieter place. Once I was sure of what I wanted. I took a breath and just started talking honestly.

"Dr. Murphy said I might me in love with the idea of a complete family, more than just you. I think she was right. I love you, but I'm not in love with you. But I don't want our daughter growing up in a broken home," I tried to explain. "If you want me out of the way, I'll stay out of the way. I just want my little girl to know that I love her," I added after letting her talk.

We talked a while longer. We talked about adoption, I told her what I planned to do for the foreseeable future, and I was honest with her about everything. It was refreshing, and it lifted a weight off of my shoulders. I was moving my pride aside to let her go.

"Thank you," she said as she hugged me.

"I need to start working with you instead of against you," I said. When she stood, I put my hands on her stomach. Only a few months left now and then I would be able to see my little girl. I could hardly wait.