Chapter 51

Thankfully, the next few weeks weren't as eventful as the baby shower. Zane was still persistent about being involved but he wasn't obnoxious about it. He was trying to work with me so I gave him the same courtesy. School became so mundane compared to everything else that was going on, but it kept going. Now the topic of discussion was on Prom now that it was only three months away. I was due around the same time so I wasn't too concerned with going.

"Dria, Hey. Hey, Ari," Tyler said as he walked to my locker. I caught a ride with Aria this morning because she was staying with me while her parents were in Madrid.

"Hey," I smiled at him. Aria nodded her head once in acknowledgement before she went back to pouting. Needless to say, she was a little upset her parents didn't take her with them. Tyler's eyes came back to me.

"Go out with me," he said, slightly nervous. I chuckled and opened my locker.

"We go out all the time, Tyler," I shrugged it off. He shook his head.

"No, Dria, not like that. I want to take you on an official date... as my girlfriend," he said. I froze and stared at him as Aria squealed.

"Are you trying to start a fight with Zane?" I asked. He sighed in frustration before he held out a single rose.

"No, I'm trying to take out the girl I like. I'm tired of pretending that I'm not madly in love with you. I'm tired of tip toeing around Zane. He doesn't own you, Dria. I'm not insinuating that I do either, but I'd really like to go out on a date with you. Lots of dates," Tyler explained. I thought about it.. really thought about it. Besides hurting Zane's feelings, what damage could it cause really? And I liked Tyler, a lot. He made me happy.

"Can I think about it?" I asked. he nodded.

"Take all the time you need," he agreed. "I'll see you at lunch," he said before he left. Aria stood in front if me with judgment written all over her face.

"What the heck was that? He was literally putty in your hands and you dropped him. Why would you drop Tyler?" she asked dramatically.

"Really?" I asked her. She looked at me incredulously.

"He's so perfect for you it hurts. Why?" she whined.

"I thought you just wanted me to be happy. That's what you said with Zane," I reminded her. She only rolled her eyes as she groaned.

"I know your happy when I see it and I see it with Tyler," she said as she squinted at me. I sighed at my crazy best friend.

"It's way more complicated than just 'going on a date' with him. I'm pregnant... it's Zane's baby. He's already on the edge with the whole Tyler thing. I don't want to start any unnecessary drama," I tried to explain.

"There is already Drama, Dria. At least thing about what you want this time; not what Zane or Tyler wants... what you want," she said. I shook my head at her as the bell rang.

"I have to get to class," I muttered. Aria kissed my cheek.

"I have to check in with the counselor, but I'll see you later," Aria said before she left. I grabbed a few things out of my locker before I turned to go to class. I froze when I saw Cassie walking my way. She stopped too. She looked... different.

"Hey," I said. She blushed and looked down at her feet.

"So you're talking to me now?" she asked. I shrugged before I sighed and closed the distance between us.

"Look, I heard what happened, and... I'm sorry," I said. She finally looked at me.

"I don't need you to feel sorry for me," she said with a slight glare. I shrugged one shoulder.

"I know," I said. She put her guard down a bit as she saw the sincerity in my face.

"Thanks," she said quietly. "And I'm sorry for what happened. I don't know what I was thinking," she said honestly.

"You fell in love. I can kind of understand that, but I'm not the one you should be apologizing to," I shrugged as my hand rubbed over my stomach. Her eyes followed the movement and she looked sad and guilty. I couldn't help myself; I had to ask.

"Did it hurt?" I asked softly. The bell rang, but we stayed put. Her eyes watered as she nodded slowly.

"It was like a series of really bad craps, and then it was just... over," she explained softly. She looked like she was going to fall apart.

"Oh Cassie," I sighed. I felt bad for her. What she did was wrong, but she'd been through a lot, and she didn't have her best friends by her side during it. I don't know what I would have done if I had to go through this pregnancy alone. Let alone, lose a child alone; whether it was intentional or not.

"I'm fine," she sniffled as she looked away from me again. "I guess I deserved it, anyway," she said. I immediately started shaking my head.

"No, Cassie. I don't care what you did; no one deserves that," I said. She sighed and wiped her tears away quickly.

"Well, I should get to class," Cassie said before she started walking past me. I caught her arm at the last moment.

"Call me later," I said hesitantly. She froze before she kept walking. I figured she would call me if she wanted to. I'm sure she needed someone to talk to and she was a little low on resources for that after Aria practically ruined her. I loved my best friend, but sometimes, I wished she could learn how to forgive people instead of making their lives hell, but that's not how Aria operated, and it actually saved our asses a few times. I walked on to my class with a heavy sigh. I had to make this right. Seeing Cassie also helped me make up my mind on dating Tyler. I knew what my answer was.