Chapter 36

*Chandria's POV*

It wasn't long before Aria, Cassie, and Tyler came into my room and made a cuddle-puddle with me on the bed.

"It's okay, Dria. Let it out," Aria said knowingly as she hugged me tightly around my small bump. And I did exactly that. I sobbed as I told them everything. I kept talking until I was reduced to hiccups. Even Domino was whining and licking my hand. I cried until  my head was pounding.

"Dria, don't beat yourself up. This is not your fault," Cassie offered. I sniffled as another hiccup attacked me.

"This is all my fault. I knew he wouldn't change and I fell for it anyway. I'm supposed to be smarter than that. I let him play me when I was supposed to know better," I said in exhaustion.

"He's going to regret it," Tyler said angrily. I squeezed him hand in mine like I was trying to reassure myself. I was upset, mainly at myself for falling for Zane's stupid game, but I knew my three friends would be pissed about what happened.

"I know what you're thinking and you guys can't beat them up... not yet," I said.

"Why not?!" they said simultaneously. Despite my mood, I gave a little giggle at how in-sync they were.

"Haven't you ever heard that violence is never the answer?" I asked. They stared at me blankly. "An eye for an eye makes the world blind?" I added.

"Seriously? You want to choose now to go all Gandhi on us?" Aria asked. I chuckled dryly.

"It wouldn't accomplish anything right now. Plus, Zane isn't my biggest issue right now. It wouldn't be worth it," I explained. My door creaked open after a soft knock.

"Chandria," Fehtra said, coming in. I sat up and wiped my face before I looked at her expectantly. She sat on the silver of bed available and sighed knowingly. "What happened this time?" she asked, worried.

"Zane," Aria, Cassie, and Tyler said in unison. Fehtra sighed and shook her head.

"That boy... look, I know this is terrible timing, but Ben and I have a seminar-conference thing in D.C. this week. I know it's super last minute and... you know what, forget it. We'll cancel and tell them we can't go," Fehtra said, changing her mind as she stood.

"Fehtra, no. Go... I'll be fine. That conference is a part of your job. It's not your job to look after me. Go, it's okay," I said quickly. She shook her head.

"The conference is two weeks long and during the holidays. If I don't take care of you, who will?" she asked.

"We will. We'll stay... if that's okay with you and Ben. There's enough room right here for all of us, and we don't want to leave Dria alone. We'll keep an eye on her, promise," Tyler offered. Fehtra looked hesitant as I looked at Tyler.

"You do know I'm right here, right?" I deadpanned.

"Are you sure?" Fehtra asked. Aria sat up too.

"Yeah, and my mom uses this awesome cook to meal prep. She a nutritionist too. I'll ask her if she can balance Dria's meals like you do," Aria offered. Cassie glanced at her phone before she stood.

"I actually have to go. My-uh mom wants me home right now. but I still love you, Dria," Cassie said as she kissed my head quickly before she left.

"What's been up with her lately?" Aria asked. I could only shrug in response. Aria turned back to Fehtra. "SO?" Aria prompted.

"I guess it could be okay. Just don't throw a party," Fehtra said sternly. I rolled my eyes as I stood and stetched.

"Please... a party is what got me into this mess in the first place," I muttered.