Chapter 60B

*Zane's POV*

My little girl.

That was all I could think about as I made my way back to the waiting room. It was touch and go there for a minute on my end. I was afraid I was going to pass out watching Dria give birth, but I'm glad I got to be there anyway. My dad pat me on the back before he left to go back home with Presley. Aria and Tyler stayed back with Dria, which left me with her parents, Behti and Shangesh. They eyed me warily, mainly her mother.

"So you're the bevakooph (idiot) who got my daughter pregnant," Behti eyed me. I didn't know what that word meant, but I could assume by the tone of her voice that it wasn't a good thing. I owned up to whatever it was anyway.

"Yes mam. I'm Zane Reeds," I said, holding my hand out to them. Her father was the one who shook it.

"Shangesh," her father introduced himself. "And you are her... boyfriend?" her father added unsurely. I shook my head.

"No, that would be Tyler. The other guy who was in there," I explained.

"You leave her on her own?" Shangesh asked, appalled. I quickly shook my head.

"No sir. She left me actually, but we're friends and I still plan on taking care of my daughter," I explained.

"Then your mother raised you right. Where is your mother?" Behti asked. There was a short, dull pang in my chest as I cleared my throat.

"She-um... she passed away a few years ago," I said as straight forward as I could. Their faces softened.

"Sorry to hear that. We will be in touch," Behti said shortly before they left. I released a long breath before I sat in one of the empty chairs nearby. There weren't many people in this waiting room so it was pretty quiet. A second passed before Tyler approached me.

"Hey want some coffee or something?" he asked as he sat next to me. I shook my head. We were both quiet for a moment before he finally turned to me.

"Look, I know you hate me and think I'm trying to take your family away from you, but that's not my intention," Tyler finally said.

"I don't hate you, man. And I know you're not trying to take my family. You're too nice of a guy to do that," I stopped him. I knew he would just go into an apology that wasn't necessary and it was time we cleared the air anyway. "Dria... she does what she wants. And if she wants to go to Henderson with you and go to college, then that's fine. I'm not going to stop her," I said.

"You can come with us, too. The house has more than enough room for all of us and I know you wanted to be close to Sheya," Tyler offered. I chuckled and shook my head.

"I'm good, Tyler. Room or not, the house will feel crowded with all of us. If I want to move to Henderson, I can find my own place, but thanks for the offer. I appreciate it, really," I declined. And I fully planned on moving to Henderson. It would be good for me also. Nevada State was a good school, and I could always start up a branch of my father's company there. He was always trying to expand and it was a good start.

"So... we're good?" Tyler asked unsurely. I offered him my hand.

"We're good," I answered as he shook my hand. I sat back and sighed. "I never even hated you really. I thought you were taking something from me, but you weren't. Not really anyway. I guess I was just desperate not to doom my daughter to the same life I had, but I realized that that's not the case. Sheya is going to be surrounded by people who love her... you included. You love Dria, and I see that she loves you, too. Just... promise me you'll do right by her. I love her, too, but I love her as the mother of my child. Don't disappear on her if things get rough, alright?" I said. Tyler's eyes widened as he shook his head.

"I wouldn't," Tyler promised. "I was actually... I was going to ask Dria to marry me. Later of course, after graduation and after everything calms down. I just wanted to make sure you were cool with it first. I didn't want to overstep and create more problems," Tyler admitted. A light smile ghosted on my face.

"You should do it. I think she would feel better if you did. More secure or whatever," I said, knowing it would make her happy. We were both silent for an awkward moment before Tyler turned to face me again.

"Why did you shut me out after your mom died?" he asked curiously. I was expecting him to dance around it lightly but no such luck. I sighed and closed my eyes briefly. I knew he would ask eventually, but I was hoping he wouldn't.

"You were trying to save me, and I didn't want to be saved. You're a good guy, which is why we were friends, but after my mom died, I wanted to be reckless and not care. You trying to stop me wasn't helping my agenda. It was self-destructive, I know, but you always seemed... problem free. It was annoying, honestly. You had your life together with both of you parents, and your happy family. Hanging out with you... it just kept reminding me of what I didn't have," I answered honestly. Tyler sighed and relaxed in the chair.

"I'm sorry, man... I really am. I never meant for it to be that way, I just... I saw where you were heading and I wanted to help, however I could. I guess I didn't really help much though," Tyler explained. I shrugged.

"It was never ever really your fault, Ty. I just wanted someone to blame and you were the easiest and closest for it," I said honestly. "And by some game of chance, you're back and I know better. It was never your fault, and I'd like to be friends again. Especially if we'll be co-parenting," I added. Tyler smiled gratefully.

"Thanks," he said sincerely.