Chapter 27

Aria got to the house as quick as she could, which happened to be before Paris could. We all went to the living room and gave Aria the whole story. She was furious by the time we finished telling her everything.

"That little... bitch!" she growled as she stood. I grabbed her hand and sat her back down. "Can I answer the door by punching her in the face?" Aria asked with a glare. I shook my head at her.

"Zane is answering the door. I still have to get her in here to talk to her," I explained. Aria scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"As long as I get to ruin that little home wrecker's day," she muttered as crossed her arms. I chuckled at my crazy best friend before we all tried to relax and watch TV. Zane pulled me against him and rested a hand on my stomach that was an obvious bump in this tank top. Eventually, Zane's phone buzzed. He looked at it and sighed.

"She's here," he said. I sat up as Presley and Aria went to the kitchen to be out of sight. Zane stood and so did I. He hesitated before he turned to me. "Are you sure about this?" he asked. I nodded. Zane pecked me gently before he went to get the door. I crossed my arms and took a deep breath as I waited. I heard the door open and a set of heels click on the hardwood floors.

"Wow, nice place. So what did you have in mind? Netflix, or we could just skip the formalities and-" Paris froze when she walked into the living room and saw me standing there. Her eyes moved to my stomach and widened slightly at my slight bump. "So it's true then..." she muttered to herself. I took a slow step towards her as I tilted my head slightly.

"So, you threatened me and blackmailed Zane with something and you didn't even know if it was true or not?" I asked rhetorically. My blank expression turned into a glare quickly. "Sit down," I said with a sigh. She only glared right back at me.

"What are you even doing here? It was stupid, ya know, because now I have all the proof I need. You're so ruined at school," she argued with a prideful smirk.

"I said, sit down," I snapped at her angrily. Her face went to one of shock at my pure rage before she reluctantly sat on the couch. I towered over her as I stood an arm's distance away per Zane's rule. Zane stood off to the side but close enough to intervene if need be. Paris composed herself, crossed her arms and legs, before she stared at me blankly.

"What?" she asked sharply after a brief silence.

"What is your problem... really? Too many daddy issues that you were never taught how to act like a decent human being? Yes... I'm pregnant, and yes: Zane is the father. But not once in that whole sentence did I hear your name. Oh yeah, that's right... because this doesn't involve you and it's none of your business. True, Zane may have led you on in the past, but what part of 'done' don't you understand? Done doesn't mean 'until I blackmail him into saying otherwise'. Done is done. It means to stop and leave him... and me, alone. It's not cute, and it never was. You just turn out looking like a psychopathic bitch and ruin any opportunity to make friends. I mean really, think about it; your only 'friend' is a girl who hangs out with you because she wants the same guy. That fact alone should make you want to reevaluate yourself. Hell, I would. Not only that, but guys only notice you when they want an easy lay," I ranted.

"You don't know anything!" she yelled defensively. I only shrugged.

"You're right. I don't know your life... I'm not going to pretend that I do. What I do know, however, is that you're interfering with my life now, and I'm not standing for it. Ruin your life all you want, but you're done messing with mine," I said definitively. She stood quickly and glared at me causing Zane to step a little closer to me.

"You little bitch! How dare you! Make no mistake, you will pay. Everyone is going to know about you... I promise that," she yelled at me. I shrugged indifferently and readjusted my crossed arms.