Chapter 37

I had to admit: having a house full of people definitely made the house feel less lonely. The first week of break passed smoothly with movies, games and antics. The house got along well and we didn't have any problems between the five of us which allowed me to breath easier. Fehtra called me whenever she could to check up on us, but she didn't really need to. This was the best idea ever. I didn't hear from Zane, but I heard about him. It was all over social media. Zane was back to his old habits: playing Russian Roulette with girls and STDs. I had better things to worry about though... like who was adopting my baby.

The five of us were playing a riveting, gut-wrenching game of Cards Against Humanity when the landline phone rang. Fehtra and Ben were the only people I knew that had a landline besides my parents. Curious, I answered it. The landline hadn't rang in a while, and normally, it was some work thing for them.

"Hello, Morrison residence," I answered professionally.

"Fehtra, we haven't heard from you in a week. How's Chandria doing?" a familiar voice asked in a thick accent.

"Buppie?" I asked, stunned.

Fehtra, how is Chandria?" he asked again. They were checking in on me the whole time?

"No, Buppie, it's me, Chandria," I explained with a small chuckle at my clueless father. "And I'm fine. You call to check in on me?" I asked.

"Your mother and I call every week. We care about you, Chandria. We're worried about you," he answered. I knew that my father saying he was worried about me was the same as him saying that he missed me.

"Really?" I asked, feeling like a little girl all over again.

"Of course, you are my daughter, Chandria. Your mother and I know we should not have pushed you so hard, and we apologize for that. We are glad that you are in good hands with your sister," he said. I frowned as I sat at the dining room table with the cordless phone.

"You don't want me to come home?" I asked confused.

"No, of course we do. but Fehtra is better qualified for your condition right now," he explained.

"I understand," I sighed. "It was nice hearing your voice again, pita," I said softly.

"You too little Chandria. You are still coming to Christmas dinner, yes?" he asked. I smiled.

"Of course, Buppie," I love you," I said before I hung up the phone and went back to the game. I didn't realize it before, but I needed that. Talking to my father and hearing that they hadn't completely shunned me because of the baby lifted a weight off of my shoulders.

~

Our awkward little group had Thanksgiving dinner together at the house and it was stress-free and delicious. The small two week break went faster than I was expecting, and before I knew it, it was time to head back to hell... I mean school. At 15 weeks, I was just started to fill the maternity clothes, but not very much. Just enough that my pants were tight now. One more week and I would know the gender of the baby. I would finally be able to stop calling my child an 'it'. In the spirit of our break, we rode to school together in my soccer-mom car. Tyler drove. We all walked in together before parting ways at my locker with hugs. we looked like a hippie convention. Aria had to catch a teacher before school started so Tyler and Presley stayed with me as I got my things from my locker.

"Prez, I've been trying to get a hold of you all break. I would ask where you've been but I think I know now," Zane said from behind me. I resisted to urge to turn around and slap him. Instead, I restrained myself as I finally turned to face him. He looked... rough to say the least.

"I'm sure you would understand if she didn't want to be kept awake by your nightly escapades," I smiled at him sarcastically. He shrugged and wouldn't look me in the eye.

"Seriously? You don't even have the balls to talk to her?" Tyler snapped, taking a step forward. Presley held him back as Zane's eyes went to Tyler.

"I see it took you no time at all to pick up my leftovers. Enjoy... she's a bit inexperienced, though," Zane smirked at Tyler. That hurt deep. I wasn't ashamed that I didn't have Paris' track record, but Zane knew he was my first, and he was acting as if it were a chore for him. Zane's face flew to the side as he hit hard by somebody. I was expecting it to have been Tyler, but it was Presley.

"You are being such an ass these days, Zane! Dria has done nothing but deal with your shit since you did this to her! The only reason I'm even talking to you is because your my brother, but God dammit, you make it hared to say that out loud. You only care about yourself, Zane. That's how you've always been and you're never going to change. You're selfish and stupid. As soon as you graduate, I don't want you in my life either," Presley yelled at him. We'd attracted quite the crowd. Zane looked at the curious faces before he released a breath.

"Music room, now," he said to Presley before he left.

"Presley," I started. She shook her head and stopped me.

"Don't be sorry. He crossed the line. He deserved it," she said. I sighed before I turned in the direction of the music room.

"I have to talk to him anyway," I said. I wasn't letting Presley get in trouble

"Like hell I'm letting you go meet that bastard by yourself," Tyler scoffed as he stopped me by my arm. I pulled my arm out of his grasp as I looked at him.

"You would just make it worse, Tyler. I can handle this," I explained.

"And if you can't," Tyler challenged. I didn't say anything else as I began walking away. They knew that there was nothing more to say. I walked through the halls until I found the music room and closed the door behind me.