Chapter 58

The next morning, I dressed in a gray maternity sundress that flowed to my feet. People at school were used to the fact that I was pregnant, obviously, I was the size of a house. I was still pretty on top of my grades despite everything. With graduation so close, I was already locked in as my class' valedictorian.

"Hey, Dria... Sheya," Aria greeted as she walked up and caressed my stomach. I chuckled before stuffing my books in my locker. "Sooo... what's new? Did you tell Zane about Henderson? What did he say? Are you going? Have you decided yet?" she fired off her questions. My smile fell as I sighed.

"Zane wasn't happy about it at all, but I haven't even decided yet," I answered.

"Well, you should... and soon. There's only two months left until graduation, and a few weeks until Sheya is born," she reminded me.

"Hey," Tyler smiled, sneaking up behind me and planting a kiss on my cheek as his hands went to my stomach. I blushed lightly as I smiled.

"Hey," I greeted back Aria gave me a knowing look before she left me alone with Tyler. "I told Zane about Henderson," I started hesitantly.

"Really? Let me guess, he wasn't too happy about it," Tyler said.

"Of course not," I said bluntly.

"Does this mean you decided to come with me?" he asked hopefully.

"I still need to think about it. I just told him that it was a possibility," I replied. The bell rang, signaling everyone to head to their classes. "I'll see you after school. We're still going to the park right?" I asked. Tyler nodded.

"Yes," he answered. "I'll meet you by the car after school. I love you," he said, giving me a light kiss. I couldn't help the smile that made it's way to my face. With Tyler, it was simple and easy. I didn't have to jump through hoops to stay sane with him.

"I love you, too," I said softly. He placed his hands on my stomach lightly before he left. I had an appointment with Principal Jackson this morning. She wanted to go over graduation stuff. My valedictorian speech had to be approved beforehand because of the valedictorian three years ago who just rambled on about how school was a waste of time.

I walked, more like wobbled, in to Principal Jackson's office and lowered myself into the seat in front of her desk. She had paperwork splayed everywhere and the stress in her eyes was unmistakable.

"Chandria, hi. Just give me a second," she said. I sat and waited patiently as she shuffled the paper around her desk into specific piles. Finally, she sighed and took her glasses off. "Okay, now how are you feeling?" she asked with a gentle smile.

"Swollen," I chuckled. "I'm ready for Sheya to be on the other side of my stomach already," I joked.

"And have you thought about what you want to do after you graduate?" she asked. I sighed and fiddled with my hands.

"I was thinking about moving to Henderson to go to Nevada State," I said with doubt seeping through my words.

"But?" she picked up.

"I would be moving in with Tyler and Zane would stay here," I finished. Principal Jackson leaned back in her chair.

"Is that what you want?"

"Yes, I think so. But Zane would be hours from Sheya," I explained.

"So what? I've watched that boy drag you through hell and back. You're not dying, just moving. He'll just have to deal with it if that's what you want. It's your life. My ex-husband has full custody of our son and it sucks, but I make the time to see him when I want to. If Zane wants to see her, he'll make the time," she advised. It was the first time I heard advice that was completely centered around what I wanted. I was taken aback for a moment.

I wanted Tyler.

"Thank you... I think I needed to hear that," I said. She gave me an encouraging smile and a nod.

"Now, lets see that speech," she said, changing the subject. I pulled out my flash drive and handed it over to her. She took a few moments to read it over. "Sounds perfect, Chandria. You're free to go, just... do what's going to make you happy," she said. I nodded and stood carefully as my hands rubbed over my stomach to straighten out my sundress.

"Thank you. I really do appreciate everything," I said before I left her office. I walked to my next class and continued on with my day. It was a pretty good day until Zane cornered me after school at my locker.

"What is it?" I asked, seeing questions written all over his face.

"I thought of something today. Who's going to be in the delivery room when you go into labor since Tyler seems to be doing everything else?" he asked. I'd already decided that Zane should fill that roll. This was his daughter, after all. I wouldn't deny him her birth.

"I've decided to accept Tyler's offer to move to Henderson after graduation," I said, changing the subject.

"What, why?" he asked in irritation.

"Because he makes me happy, and I want to start a life with him. He'll be good to us," I answered honestly.

"So he gets to watch my daughter come into this world and he's going to raise her?" he asked. I slammed my locker shut in frustration and turned quickly to face him.

"It's not always about you Zane! It's not a matter of him raising her, it's a matter of me being happy," I snapped at him.

"Hey, Dria, you good?" Aria asked as she walked up beside me. Zane stared at me for a moment longer before he just walked away. I released a breath as I turned to Aria.

"I feel guilty for practically kicking him out of our lives," I admitted.

"We're moving to Henderson?" she asked excitedly. I almost forgot she didn't know yet. I nodded and caught in to her infectious happiness. She squealed excitedly and hugged me gently.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so excited!" she said.

"What's going on?" Tyler asked with a curious smile.

"We're moving to Henderson," Aria tried to say nonchalantly. Tyler looked at me shocked for a moment.

"Really?" he asked hopefully. I nodded with a chuckle.

"Really," I answered. He pulled me in for a kiss.

"It'll be great, I swear," he promised as he broke the kiss. We left school for the day and went to my house. Aria got started on a snack as Tyler and I went to sit in the living room. He had to help me sit on the couch as my stomach was too big to do it without falling over.

"We should leave in July. That way we can have time to settle in and straighten everything out before the semester starts at NSC," Tyler suggested. I nodded.

It'll give Zane time to say good bye also... Zane will be in the delivery room. It's only fair; he is her father," I said. Tyler only nodded.

"It's only fair," Tyler agreed. That's what I liked about Tyler. He was very understanding and easygoing.

"Thanks, Ty," I said. He chuckled and shrugged.

"You have nothing to thank me for, Dria. I understand," he explained. Aria came back with celery and carrots and chicken. We relaxed and just watched TV. It was the end of April and I was due any day now, so Tyler and Aria made it their mission to make me take it easy.