7| Blue Spirit

I tossed and turned the whole night, the cold metal uncomfortable against my back. I did try warming it a bit by firebending, but it didn't do much.

I tried to firebend out of there, but still no use. All I could do was sit still and wait.

Finally, a guard came and slid some food in. I looked down at it, and nearly gagged. It shouldn't even be called food. I had no clue what this trash was, therefore I refused to eat it. I backed up in the corner of the small cell and brought hugged my knees to my chest, burying my face in my arms.

the guard smirked and walked away, and I coughed weakly.

Two days of living in this cell was nerve-wracking, and my tailbone was starting to hurt from sitting too long. Where were we going? What was happening? But most importantly, what were they going to do to me?

♋♋♋

They were mad. Furious.

No reward for turning in a girl that could lead to finding the Avatar? The two traitorous earthbenders were going to get back at Zhao no matter what it took.

And they knew perfectly well what to do.

Three days was enough to find the banished Prince who was also lurking around the Earth Kingdom, close to Zhao's ship. They arranged themselves a meeting with him, and the next day they found themselves face to face with him, his uncle close behind.

"What do you want?" the prince asked in a low voice. "Why are you here?"

"We are here with news of the Avatar."

hearing the word 'Avatar', the prince grabbed the earthbender by his shirt. "What are you talking about?"

"P-please! Let me go! I'll tell you," the earthbender begged.

"Zuko, let him go," his uncle drawled behind him, sipping a cup of tea. "Listen to him first."

The prince let go of the earthbender's shirt, who cowered back.

"Spit it out, or . . ." the prince pointed at his scar, "Youll end up with a matching one, only it'll cover your whole face."

The earthbender gulped and nodded. "There's a girl we found near the Northern Air Temple. She said she was looking for the Avatar, and she could firebend; except she was wearing Water Tribe clothes."

"She said her name was Izuki," the second earthbender continued, "And that she was sent by Princess Azula to hunt down the Avatar. She is currently in the prison of Zhao who plans on getting the information from her and finding the Avatar before you do."

Prince Zuko's golden eyes widened at this. "Where Is Zhao's ship?" he asked, rubbing his chin.

The earthbenders gave him the coordinates to the Fire Navy ship was and the prince stared at them, confused.

"Why are you even telling me this?" he asked.

"Let's just say; Zhao and us don't . . . Get along very well," The earthbenders said with a smirk.

Then, they bowed and departed.

"Prince Zuko, you can't go," Uncle Iroh shook his head. "What if it's a trap? Zhao may never let you go and keep you in prison." He sipped his tea again.

"No prison can hold me in," Zuko said in his usual low voice. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go. They'll never know it was me."

Uncle Iroh sighed and shook his head. When was he going to learn?

Zuko stepped out of the room and walked to his own, holding his hands behind his back, his long hair brushing his eyes. He entered his own room, pushing the door open and locking it securely behind him. Then he walked over to a chest in the corner of the small cabin and unlocked it with a key around his neck. As he slowly opened it, he felt excitement in his heart.

He was going to find the Avatar.

He reached into the box and pulled out something he hadn't seen in a while. Something he shouldn't see for a while, but he didnt have a choice. Zuko stared at the object in his hands.

The mask of the Blue Spirit.