11. Lebanon, Kansas

11. Lebanon, Kansas

Castiel and I don't lay low for very long.

We get a call from Dean, and Castiel and I agree to drive to him once I get my truck back. I'm worried, since Dean never told me what happened. My mind goes to all sorts of things. My biggest thing is Sam, if something happened to our baby brother.

After a long drive, I begin to wonder where the Impala is. But this is where Dean told us to go. At first, I wonder if Dean's meeting us in a field or something, but getting out of the truck, I realize we're heading for a bunker. I follow Castiel's lead.

The bunker is breathtakingly massive and makes me wonder how my brothers came across such a find. That can definitely be asked later. Right now, Dean needs us.

I walk into a room I can only assume to be a library. I see my older brother packing weapons into a duffel bag. Castiel and I exchange looks.

"Dean," I say quietly.

Dean looks up to notice he has visitors. "Cas. Now, look at you, all suited up and back in the game. And then there's you, sis. Couldn't resist coming back, could you?"

"We came as soon as you called," I say neutrally. I look around and notice some dishevelment in the library. There's a broken lamp on the floor, a broken chair, and so many books and papers everywhere I begin to think a tornado hit.

"Dean, what happened?" Castiel asks. "What's wrong?"

The change in Dean's face tells me something bad has happened. It was a rarity to see him look so defeated and broken.

I notice another missing variable. "Where's Sam?"

"We have a lot to talk about."

Castiel and I look worriedly at each other before sitting across from Dean. Dean looks not nervous, but...I don't know how to describe how he looks. Maybe ashamed is the best word as he tells Castiel and me what's happened.

I know that Sam had undergone trials to shut down Hell, but I didn't know that Sam had been dying. Dean had called on an angel to heal him, and supposedly the only way to heal our brother was if the angel possessed him. The angel supposedly told Dean his name is Ezekiel, but we know different now.

Dean let an unknown angel possess our dying baby brother.

My upper lip twitches. It's taking all my will power to not jump across the table and shake Dean vigorously.

"You let an angel possess Sam?" I hiss through my teeth.

"Sammy was dying. What was I supposed to do?"

"Oh, I don't know, not let the angel nest in him?"

"He said it was the only way, and I believed him. Now Sam's gone. Kevin's..."

"Dean, I'm sorry," says Castiel.

I wring my hands. I've never met Kevin, and I guess I never will now. Dean obviously cared for whoever this Kevin was to him, I can see it in his eyes.

"Yeah, well...Sorry don't pay the bills, does it? It sure as hell ain't gonna bring Kevin back. We got to find that son of a bitch."

"Dean. If the angel possessing Sam isn't Ezekiel, then who is it?"