35. Taking the Fight to Metatron

"I'm so glad we never lived in one of these," I tell Sam as I park the truck in an RV park. "It's not a good mobile home."

What's led us here is a video gone viral of Metatron healing a woman that had gotten hit by a car. So while Sam talks to the miracle lady, I remain in my driver's seat, worrying about Cas and Gadreel. How they're gonna pull their crazy stunt off.

I touch my mouth that's no longer tingling. Sam hadn't seen Cas and I kiss, so he has no idea that happened. I'd acted like normal once Cas left and once Sam came back into the room. My possibly budding love life wasn't the main issue here.

I bristle as I see the Impala come up to the RV park. At this, I step out from my truck. I see Dean get out of the car, but I can also see Crowley in the passenger's side. I won't question why they're still bromancing, it's pretty clear.

"You got the balls to show up here?" I challenge my brother. "Especially with him?"

"You try and make a move on him, I'll make a move on you." Dean towers over me.

I stand as tall as my body will allow me. "I'm not scared of you, Mark or no Mark. So why don't you just head on your merry way with your husband and let Sam and I deal with Metatron?"

"Jo, it's all right, don't try and start something," Sam calls.

I back off slightly, enough that I'm following Dean up to our younger brother.

"I guess one of us doesn't need a demon to help follow a clue trail," Sam says, more than annoyed. "You're looking for miracle lady, right? Yeah, she's gone. I had a nice chat with her, though."

"Yeah, and I can see you left your pet Chihuahua out as guard. Sam, whatever kind of intervention you and Jo think this is, trust me, it ain't. I'm not gonna explain myself to either of you."

"Yeah, we sort of got that," I say. "We just thought you might like to know that while you two have been playing, uh, odd couple, your real friends, like Cas, like the angel you stabbed, Gadreel—they're out there right now risking their asses to help you win this fight."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"A fight, I might add, you made that much more complicated when you decided to stab the one angel who could actually get us to Metatron."

"You mean the angel that took Sam for a joy ride?" Dean snarls. "The angel that slaughtered Kevin? That angel?"

"Who you let in the front door in the first place," Sam comes to my aid. "You tricked me, Dean. And now I'm the one who wakes up in the middle of the night seeing my hands killing Kevin, not you. So, please, when you say you don't want to explain anything to me, don't. I get it. And I also get that Metatron has to go. And I know you're our best shot to do that."

"I'm gonna take my shot, for better or worse."

"We know," I say quietly.

"No matter the consequences."

"We know," says Sam. "But if this is it, we're gonna do it together. You want to know what he whispered to her, right, in the video? His next stop."

"So what are we all gollywagging on about? Chop-chop."

The three of us turn and give deadly glares in Crowley's direction. Crowley, who has the audacity to really interrupt a family meeting.