22. Thinman (Part 2)

The deputy has already beaten us to the mill by the time my brothers and I show up to the scene. But we're supposed to investigate this on our own. Why is the deputy meeting us here? We get out of the Impala, and I'm a little more alert now.

"I thought we said my partners and I would take care of this," Dean tells the deputy.

"Look, guys, my boss is AWOL. We don't have a warrant. My ass is on the line if this thing goes sideways."

"All right," I say. "Just stay back." We Winchesters take lead towards the mill.

The first thing we notice is that there's no lock to pick. The mill is already open. The three of us exchange looks before drawing our weapons. I take a step further than my brothers, just a step inwards—

Until I feel electricity shock my system. I convulse, dropping my weapon.

I'm unconscious before my body hits the ground.

* * *

"Ow." I pick my head up. My back feels stiff. I realize I'm on the floor, and Sam is handcuffed to a column across from me. I blink.

Dean is awake, handcuffed to a chair that's got a woodsy backdrop behind him that hangs from the ceiling. Sam's awake too. There's lights and cameras, and I almost feel like I'm in a TV studio or something...

I growl, jiggling my cuffs as the deputy hums a song to himself, adjusting the lights and the cameras.

"You son of a bitch," I snarl. The deputy ignores me. I want to light his ass up. He's lucky he got me out early, I would have gladly given him a match he'd lose. It's no fair when the match isn't even.

"So, you're Thinman, huh?" Dean asks the deputy. "That would make sense if it didn't look like you just ate a fat camp." Like with me, the deputy ignores Dean, continuing his humming. "Oh, God, Sam, Jo, make him stop."

"Hey, so, what's the deal?" It's Sam's turn. "What are you, Norwood? You a demon? I mean, how did you teleport back at the diner?"

"Team effort," says Norwood.

I stare as "Thinman" rounds a corner. He removes the mask, exposing a waiter from the diner. I don't remember his name, but it's probably Roger if Dean's find about the tire treads are spot-on.

"So, there was no teleporting—just a couple of douchebags doing the 'Scream' thing," says Dean.

"Wait, I know who you are," says Sam. "You're the busboy from the diner. So, what, you just wanted to kill your boss?"

"Trey was a dick," Roger says.

"And what about Casey?" I add. "What did she do?"

"She wouldn't go out with me, so I set her up with someone else—my knife."

"Good one, Rog," Norwood says.

I wrinkle my nose. "Quite the charmer, aren't you?"

"I see the sheriff didn't make it out of town," says Dean. I look where he is. To the side, there's a body. I swallow.

"Well, he really should have given me the time off I asked for," says Norwood.

"So you killed him?" I ask hotly.