33. War of the Angels

Unbelievable.

Cas, Sam, and myself are following Hannah to a room, where supposedly she's housing my other brother.

"And you saw him kill her?" I press Hannah on our way to the room.

"No, but she didn't have that blade on her. He did."

I grit my teeth. "There's no camera footage."

"Not in the room, no."

I roll my eyes. Okay, I'm not about ruling out that Dean possibly killed Tessa the reaper, but there's the off chance that he isn't responsible. But how can that be proven, that Tessa killed herself?

What infuriates me more is that, against Sam's request and mine, Dean brought the fucking First Blade along for the ride. He's definitely gonna get a punch to the face for that. Sure, he's not my kid, but he's my big brother. My pig-headed, stubborn-as-hell big brother.

Hannah has enough time to get the door open before the three of us burst into the room. Dean is handcuffed to the chair, duct tape over his mouth. Blood is coming out from his nose.

"He put up a fight," she says.

"Get out," says Cas.

Sam and I move to our brother. I fiercely rip off the tape. Dean moves his mouth, probably to lessen the stinging.

"You should have seen the other ten guys," he grunts.

"They said you killed Tessa?" says Cas.

"Not so much. She knifed herself."

Sam removes Dean's handcuffs. "Yeah? Why would she do that, Dean?"

"I don't know, Sam. She was saying all kinds of crap."

I frown. "So that's why you brought out the First Blade?"

"They told you about that, huh?"

"We had a deal." I cross my arms.

"Yeah, well, it was a stupid deal."

"Really?" Sam presses. "'Cause if you'd stuck to it, Tessa would still be alive. Without her, we ain't got jack."

"Yeah, you think I don't know that? You think I wanted that to happen?"

"I don't know, Dean," I say bluntly. "Did you?"

"All right, that's enough," Cas intervenes. "Stop it."

The door opens, and we all look to see Hannah.

"Commander, I'm sorry, but you have a call...From Metatron."

We all exit the room to head into the war room, where a bunch of angels have been waiting for our arrival. I seethe on the inside as we've got Metatron on a video call.

"Castiel," says Metatron. "Bet you're not happy to see me."

"Is anyone ever?" Dean growls.

"Dean, always with the B-grade eighties-action-movie wit."

"What do you want, Metatron?" I ask.