28. Central Municipal Power Corp

"Sierra, what are you doing with that?"

I jump, caught red-handed. Instead of looking like a deer in headlights, I hold the phone up to him. "I don't think you're the one to be asking questions."

"How'd you...?"

"Password isn't hard, Greg. Not when I know you so well. I guess that's a wrong statement now." I laugh darkly. "I guess I don't know you at all."

"Sierra—"

"Who is she, Greg?" I demand softly. I scroll through his phone. "Judging by these texts and pictures I'm seeing, she must be something special." I eye him suspiciously. "When were you gonna say something?"

His dark brown eyes don't meet my own. What I won't give to grab his hair right now and throw him against the nearest wall. The lion inside is roaring, dying to be unleashed. But I know better than to let it out early. I know my dad always taught me talk second, but I'm not with my dad anymore. I'm with my cheater of a boyfriend.

"Well?" I press. I feel the hot tears gathering. "Who is she?"

"Tell me why you're snooping first."

I scoff. "Unbelievable. You have the balls to ask questions but apparently don't have them when it comes to answering my questions."

"Okay, you want to know the truth? I met her at a bar, she slipped me her number, and she hasn't left me alone since."

"So, responding to her and sending pictures is a way of saying 'no, I'm taken'?" I cock my head. "What did I do wrong, Greg? What have I done to have you turn around and do this?"

He fists his hair. "You've done nothing wrong, Sierra."

"You're right, I haven't." I stiffen. "After...after all this time...What have you been telling her? That she's the one, too? That you love her?" I'm shaking.

"She and I connect better, what more do you want?" he tells me lowly. "I was trying to figure out the best way to explain this to you."

I laugh, manically. "That's rich. You wouldn't have the balls to do that either. You would just disappear one day and I'd never hear from you again."

"Sierra—"

"I'm done with you." I chuck his phone, which he catches just before it smashes his face. "I want you out. Get out that door and don't make me find you back here."

"Sierra, baby." Greg goes to me, I'm giving him stink-eye the entire time. "Please, we just need to talk this out."

"We have. We're done." My voice is thick with emotion. "Don't touch me!" I pull my arms to me when he tries to hold me, to try and convince me that this isn't happening. "Try again, and I'll kick your ass. If you still don't get the message, the cops are gonna get called."

Greg has his hands up in surrender, slowly slinking, backing off. I don't believe the tortured, broken look that I see in his eyes. All I can see in him is unadulterated betrayal. There are so many things I can tell him, but I'm being good and holding it all back. I know if I start going off, things will escalate.

"You and whoever that skank is...have a nice life," I spit in a hiss.

"But my things—"