Anxiety 7 - Shopping

I was in the living room of mine and David's house curled up on the sofa one of the very many blankets in the house wrapped around me. Fingers speeding away I smiled down at my phone texting back Matthew who was telling me all about their recent game night

"Who you texting?" David asked walking in from the kitchen holding two steaming mugs offering one out to me

"Thanks" I spoke absentmindedly accepting the Star Wars mug full of tea blowing the steam away and taking a small sip "I've taught you well"

"Stop praising my tea making abilities and start telling me who you're texting. Don't make me steal your phone again"

"How well did that go for you last time David?" I questioned from behind my mug quirking an eyebrow up

David slumped back into the cushions of the sofa "not very" he responded eyeing the tea and coffee stains littering the living room, remnants of our last fight for control of my phone.

"And anyway its Matt. I mean who else would I be texting?"

"I don't know Big Foot"

I snorted at his response "seriously? You need to go out more and that's saying something coming from me"

"Nah I'm good someone's got to keep you company"

"Neil Patrick Harris is keeping me company"

"Rem you don't know Neil Patrick Harris"

I sighed dramatically "don't remind me"

"You need help you're obsessed with Broadway stars"

"Not my fault that Broadway is amazing and I love musical theatre" I tried to defend my weird obsession with Broadway and Broadway stars.

"It's still not normal"

I looked at David "like anything about me is normal."

I got up from the sofa blanket wrapped around me like a cape "now if we're finished insulting me I should probably get dressed we need food"

"Are you sure you're alright to go grocery shopping I mean the whole reason why we haven't gone out this week is because you had a panic attack" David asked getting up from the sofa as well

"Stop mother henning I'll be fine look I have my rubber bands and I have my phone"

"But I feel like that's not enough anymore Rem"

"It'll have to be" I responded ending the conversation.

Going upstairs I turned into my room walking over to my wardrobe and grabbing a graphic tee and skinny jeans trying to desperately hold onto my youth through my fashion choices. I looked at myself in the mirror adjusting my Neverland themed beanie so it fit snuggly over my wavy shoulder length auburn hair "Peter Pan eat your heart out" I whispered to my reflection turning to the sides to admire my outfit. I shook my head smiling at myself when I realised how weird I was being.

Once I had deemed myself presentable enough to leave the house I left my room shutting the door behind me and walked down the stairs grabbing my satchel bag that was hanging from the banisters on my way down

"Are you sure you're ready?" a concerned David questioned me standing by the door as I readied myself to go outside and get some food

"As ready as I'll ever be"

"I'd feel so much better if someone was going with you"

I smiled "and that's why I texted Bitsie while I was getting ready she's picking me up"

A smile formed on David's face chasing away the worry lines that were previously present on his face "stop worrying David you're going to get wrinkles"

David smiled at me ruffling my beanie covered head "well then stop making me worry" he told me acting like a proper big brother. I pouted at him sorting out my beanie putting it back to its original position.

"No promises" I joked walking out the door and towards Bitsie's car waving to David as I ran down the path to the car to go shopping.

I opened the car door laughing as I finally noticed the puppy dog eyes Bitsie was giving David who was still stationed against the frame of the open front door "you guys are so adorable and loved up it sickens me" I told her shaking my head at the couple

"Well from what I heard you and Matthew are just as bad" Bitsie slyly grinned at me as a blush formed on my face at the comparison

"So not true we aren't even a couple" I tried defending myself from the accusations "David lies I thought we all agreed on this"

"Who said David told me?"

I rolled my eyes and groaned "ever since getting back from New York I've spent all my time with David, he's got to have told you"

Bitsie continued smiling at me as she turned into the supermarket car park, pulling into a parking space. I unstrapped myself and grabbed my bag from the foot well in front of me before pushing open the car door and stepping out my converse covered feet making contact with the concrete flooring "alright Bitsie its time for food" I told her grabbing a shopping trolley and pushing it through the doorway of the store.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"But seriously Rems why don't you just go out with Matt?" Bitsie whined like a child at me as we walked down the fruit and veg aisle.

"It sounds like you want to go out with him Bits" I laughed at her as I grabbed a bag of pink lady apples placing them in the trolley next to the grapes and carrots

"I have David" I playfully rolled my eyes at her groaning

"Don't we all know it. I swear you spend more time at our place then at your own place"

"I haven't been round recently" she pointed out trying to prove me wrong

"That's because I had a panic attack during the week and David went on lock down mode" I pointed out to her reminding her of his post panic attack actions "this happens every time I have one"

"It's only because he cares about you Rem"

I sighed walking away from the fruit and veg down another aisle grabbing the essentials and by essentials I mean the stuff that me and David think are essential such as chocolate cake mix (you never know when you might fancy some chocolate cake). "I know Bits that he cares its just sometimes he's too much" I told her thinking about my choice of words when it came to explaining the feelings I had surrounding David's over protective attitude.

"Alright Rem" Bitsie steered the conversation away from David's over protectiveness straight back to Matthew " I bet Matt cares"

I blushed the words bringing me back to that time in New York when he kept me calm with his soothing actions Bitsie noticed this picking up on it pointing at my red cheeks in happiness "aha!" She exclaimed "I know it, oh Remy why don't you just go out with the poor boy already he obviously cares about you"

I smiled softly to myself pushing the full trolley to the checkout "we'll see."

                                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N hi there! While it may have not been as speedy as my other updates it was for good reason we got in sight into Remy's life in Portland  yay! And we got to meet 2 of her cast mates yay! I hope you liked this chapter sorry Matt was only mentioned in it and not actually in it I thought I'd mix it up a bit plus the fact remember this is long distance. Anyway hope you enjoyed it enough to comment and vote.

Hundredlovers xox

P.S disclaimer I only own Remy and her storyline that's all.