Anxiety 35 - Christmas

I felt someone shaking my blanket covered form "come on get up"

I shook my head "nope let me mope"

"Remy" David warned an edge in his voice. It had been a few days since Matt had left to go back to LA and I was not a happy bunny. However it did mean that it was now Christmas Day so there was a positive side to this lack of Matt. Hang on Christmas Day! I sat bolt upright in bed duvet sliding down to pool around my lap

"David its Christmas Day"

"I know Remy"

"David its Christmas Day. David its Christmas Day!" I exclaimed jumping out of bed and pouncing on David knocking him over. When it came to Christmas I reverted back to a child. "Come on David!" I practically yelled as I raced downstairs leaving a poor, startled David lying on the floor of my bedroom.

Crawling under the Christmas tree I started rummaging through the presents dividing them into piles, a pile for me and a pile for David. I was halfway through completing these piles when David finally joined me downstairs putting on a Christmas CD and plopping onto the sofa watching as I piled the presents up the sound of Mariah Carey's All I Want For Christmas breaking up the silence.

"And tada!" I motioned to the finished present piles doing jazz hands causing my annoying roommate to let out a snort "silence peasant otherwise I will hold your present pile to ransom" I told him threatening his presents unimpressed with his reaction towards my jazz hands, David obviously took my threat seriously as he mimed zipping his mouth shut, locking it and throwing away the key before putting his hands up in a show of peace.

I smiled happy with his response before gesturing for him to come and take his present pile.

"Oh my goodness" I exclaimed pulling the last of the wrapping paper off a new pair of pointes "I can't believe it" David laughed amused by my reaction

"Bree heard that you needed new pointes and you know dancers have got to stick together"

"Sticking together means helping each other learn new dance routines not buying pointes!" I was overwhelmed "but I am grateful none the less because my pointes are falling apart"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I put Silas' present to me to the side I was now down to my last three: Arthur, David and Matt. Best friend, roommate/brother figure and boyfriend. I didn't know who's present to open first seeing as all three of them play an important role in my life with this dilemma in mind I turned to David "pick a present for me to open"

He quirked an eyebrow at me confused "ok then. Here have this one" he spoke handing me his own gift...of course he would do that. I took the badly wrapped present off him and placed it in my lap fingers fiddling with the sellotape on the ends trying to peal it away to reveal the gift that awaited me underneath the Christmas themed wrapping paper.

my eyes lit up as I removed the paper my mouth falling into an o shape "seriously David?" I questioned disbelieving fingering the pieces of paper that were apart of his gift to me

"Yep" he spoke smugly

I launched myself at him the Weasley jumper and the pieces of paper tumbling out of my lap as I pulled him for the biggest hug ever "I can't believe you." I was in shock.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah I'm the best go on open the other two I want to know if they can beat my gift"

I fondly rolled my eyes at him but complied with his wishes picking up Arthur's gift to me next leaving Matt's last. Pulling apart the wrapping paper and opening the box hidden by the paper I came across a hodge podge of items that all held some meaning to us: there was a photo of me, him, Matt and Karen on the set of the TARDIS on one of the days I went to visit him on set, an assortment of British sweets, a playbill from the first West End show I was in signed by the current cast a large message from the current Eponine taking up a majority of the space, a guitar pick necklace, a collection of polaroids from different things we had done together, a pop up Peter Pan book and a fake Olivver award with my name on. I smiled as I went through the box immediately putting the guitar pick necklace on placing the box on the floor next to me as David pouted "hey David nothing can defeat mine and Arthur's lifelong friendship" I tried to placate him while hiding a small smile at his childishness. I then grabbed the last present addressed to me, the present from Matt. I don't know why but I was nervous about opening this present maybe because it was our first Christmas as a couple so buying presents for each other was a new thing it was uncharted territory. I slowly pulled away the Nightmare Before Christmas wrapping paper "Matt's going to be in so much crap" I breathed out as I noticed the stele that was apart of my Christmas present obviously my darling boyfriend decided to keep something from set a big no no in the acting world, as well the stele Matt had given me a jar filled with rolled up paper labelled 'reasons why I love my Remy bear' and a bunch of silly polaroid selfies in case I was missing his face. I was overwhelmed I have the best boyfriend in the world his weird and unconventional gift was the sweetest thing ever, it was in this moment that I knew I was never letting Matt go.

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N why hello there! Yes it's me the wonderful fabulous author of this story that you are all reading. Don't you just love this chapter? You know even though its not Christmas......guys, guys! Can you guess what David got her!! Comment your guesses below and I'll give a shout out in the next chapter to the people who got it right so go comment!! Oh and also vote! Until the next chapter guys

Hundredlovers xox

P.S its disclaimer time! Yay our favourite time of day....I only own Remy and her cliché storyline