Anxiety 11 - Zoos and revelations

I shoved my door open rushing to my wardrobe pulling out random articles of clothing trying my best to quickly pick an outfit not wanting Matt to be alone with David for too long. Grabbing a basic long sleeved baseball tee and a pair of grey skinny jeans I brought my clothes to the bathroom with me allowing me to get dressed straight after leaving the warm spray of the shower. Jumping in and out of the shower I didn't allow myself the luxury of lingering under the warm jet of water towel drying my shoulder length hair as I rushed to finish getting ready.

Kicking shut the door of my room I hopped downstairs trying to shove my feet into a pair of tatty converses while attempting to not fall down said stairs. It was quite an impressive feat when I jumped off the last stair whole, quickly pushing stray hairs out of my face and composing myself before entering the kitchen once more.

"Come on Matty boy time to explore" I grabbed hold of Matt's very muscly arm making to pull him out of the kitchen and house to show him the sights of Portland

"Ahem"

I whirled around halting in my actions to look back at David

"You've forgotten something" David pointed in the direction of the cupboard where my anxiety medication was stored causing me to press the palm of my hand to my forehead

"Oh yeah" I let go of Matt's arm as I went over to the cupboard grabbing the medication and a glass filling that up with water from the tap before popping some pills.

"Ok now we can go" I stated after putting my medication back in the cupboard "come on" I once again grabbed Matt's arm pulling him in the direction of the front door.

"Alright and we're off!" I cheered as I started the car pulling away from the house, the radio playing faintly in the background. "This may sound really lame but Portland has a really cool zoo" I shyly told him eyes superglued to the road in front of me

"I love animals"

I smiled glancing in his direction to see he was smiling back at me "to the zoo we go then."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I squealed running over to the enclosure and kneeling beside the glass watching the penguins glide through the water, I heard chuckling behind me causing me to look away from the glass to look at Matt who was laughing at me an odd glint flickering in his eyes

"Like you haven't seen a grown women squeal at penguins before"

"I haven't actually" he told me smiling crouching down next to my form watching the penguins with me

"Well there's a first time for everything" I said sparing one last look at him before going back to admiring the penguins a hand pressed lightly against the glass with a small smile on my face.

"You look beautiful" Matt blurted out, I whirled round to face him my face a mask of shock. Matt lowers his gaze while my mind tries to comprehend what he just said, mouth opening and closing a few times. Speechless.

"I look what now?" I questioned regaining speech

"Erm, er you look beautiful?" Matt phrased his response to sound like a question hand going to the back of his head

My breathing picked up as I suddenly realised what he said "what no you can't like me like that" I spoke breathily tendrils of doubt and panic wrapping around my mind.

Matt's eyes widened as he noticed the starts of a panic attack lunging forward from his position on the ground to cradle me in his lap "slow down Rem" he murmured running his fingers through my hair, I shakily nodded my head against his chest trying to take his advice and take slow, deep breaths.

Finally I could feel myself calming down and slowly pulled my head away from Matt's chest so I could catch his gaze "well that was something" he smiled letting me know that my panic attack didn't freak him out "come on I think you need some ice cream" he stood up from the ground offering his hand out to me to help me stand up. I gratefully grabbed it allowing him to help me to my feet a smile gracing my face as he laced our fingers together instead of letting go.

Walking away from the penguins I leaned into Matt's side enjoying the closeness letting the lingering feelings of my panic attack ebb away as I finally came to terms with the revelation "by the way I like you too."

                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N yes feelings have been declared! In the most dramatic way possible well for Matt anyway who didn't technically say the words either. Anyway thanks for your continued support of this work guys the comments may have stopped coming but the votes definitely haven't the number just keeps going up and up. I'm sorry for the long wait its getting closer and closer to exams and final deadlines meaning I have a lot of work to do, however I will  continue to try my best to get a chapter out to you lovely people.

Hundredlovers xox

P.S can I stop with the disclaimers now I feel like we all get the message.