Chapter 17 - My Future Mother In Law

Tessa's P.O.V:
The flight to Detroit was quiet just like the flight to California was. Marshall and I talked a few times on the flight but most of the time he was writing lyrics whilst I was reading magazines.

I couldn't help but get upset and cry during the car journey and the plane journey. I guess i'm upset about leaving California and for leaving Karla and Chris behind. I was hoping my family would call me after this engagement was announced but they didn't. Not one text or call.

I don't think Marshall noticed which i'm happy about because the last thing I need is for him to ask questions and for me to look dumb and weak infront of him.

Once the planes landed, the airport employees take our luggage to Marshall's car. His security were in a different car which I don't understand, I guess he just likes to drive.

"Mr Mathers is in the car waiting for you." The security tells me as he walks me to Marshall's car. He opens the door and waits for me to get into the passengers seat before he closes the door.

"They got all your luggage?" Marshall asks me as he starts the engine.

"Yep." I nod. It goes quiet for the rest of the radio, the only noise is the radio playing in the car.

A few paparazzi take photos as we wait at the traffic lights. After half an hour, we arrive at Marshall's place. The security opens the gate and wave at us as Marshall drives in.

"Fuck, it's good to be home." He mumbles.

Not so good to be away from home.

"You really hate travelling, don't you?" I ask him as he drives down the driveway. Marshall chuckles as he glances at me and then back at the road.

"What gave it away?" He grins. "Don't you hate it?" He asks me.

"Mmm, I actully love travelling." I shrug. "I mean, when it's for award shows and interviews then I hate it. But for concerts and sight seeing, I love it." I add.

"Really? Concerts are fucking stressful with all the rehearsals and shit." He says glancing at me.

I was about to open my mouth to speak but close it again when I hear Marshall curse under his breath as he looks out the window. He drives down the driveway faster, making me put my hand against the dashboard.

"Everything alright?" I ask worried as he hits the break. Marshall doesn't answer and unbuckles his seatbealt as he kills of the engine and storms out of the car.

I watch him as he looks at the silver car that's park infront of Marshall's mansion. Without lookin back once, he unlocks his front door and storms inside, leaving the door behind him open.

I decide to wait for a few minute for him to come back or for someone to come out but no one does. I was expecting the owner of the silver car to come out but no one came.

Marshall was in a good mood when we arrived in Detroit but when he saw the car, his mood suddenly changed. I noticed that I lot about Marshall, his mood can change within a blink of an eye.

I fix my hair in the mirror quickly before I unbuckle my belt and step out of the car. I grab my handbag and take of my sunglasses as I close the door behind me.

I make my way towards the mansion and stop at the front door when I hear shouting. There are probably around two or three people in there arguing. I turn on my heels and look back at Marshall's car.

Maybe I should wait in the car.

"Her names Tessa!" I hear Marshall shout making me turn my attention back to what's happening inside. "Now fucking leave!" He adds.