Chapter 63 - It's All Over

Marshall's P.O.V:
Tessa taps her foot on the the floor impatiently as I sit down on one of the benches in the hallway.

I watch her as she lets out another nervous  sigh as she runs her fingers through her hair. She shakes her head, making me sigh as she reaches for her bag that's places besides me.

"Who am I kidding? I can't do this." She shakes her head. 

"We're already here." I say as I quickly grab her bag. She lets out another sigh let's go of her bag before she starts to pace up and down the hallway. I can tell her leg still hurts her but she doesn't listen to me or anyone else when we tell her to take it easy.

Tessa finally decided to identify her attackers. Her brothers and Karla and Chris wanted to fly out and be with her but she told them not to come. In the end for this whole contract thing, Leroy and Paul told me to go. 

I was already planning on going but when they said that they needed the media to see this, I went ballistic. She's already been through enough and she needs a break and all they care about is the damn contract and media. 

I hear Tessa wince before she quickly holds onto her leg. I start to get up but she shakes her head at me like she always does, I ignore her and make my way towards her.

"I'm fine." She moans in pain. 

"Yeah, looks it." I say sarcastically as I help her sit down on the bench. 

"Help me get my mind of all this." She says. 

"Okay..." I mumble. "My mom's been trying to see you." I tell her. My mom's been calling non stop and has been sending messages through Nathan. 

Nathan said that mom''s been worried sick about Tessa ever since her attack. She tried visiting but I told security to tell her that we were both in California. This was when Tessa was in hospital. 

"Since when did your mom care about me?" Tessa laughs. "Last time I saw her, she was using me to get to you." She adds. 

"She probably still is." I shrug. 

"I'm here." Both of our head snap up and we watch Nick Demore, Tessa's ex boyfriend and lawyer make his way towards us. 

"Where were you?" Tessa asks as she stands up and hugs Nick. 

"Emergency meeting with a client." He explains. "Marshall. Good to see you." He says as he turns to me and holds his hand out for me to shake. 

"Good to see you too." I say as I shake his hand. 

For the next couple of minutes we talk about identifying these men and what's going to happen once we find them. Tessa and Nick are pretty close, she tells him everything.

"Miss Black. Good to see you again." Officer Ronald walks towards us, he's helping us find Tessa's attackers. Both Tessa and I stand up as he stops a few steps away from us. "Mr Mathers. Mr Demore." He nods at me and Nick as he shakes my hand and then Nicks. 

"Can we get this over with?" Tessa asks. 

"Of course. Follow me." He smiles before we walk down the hallway and turn to our left. 

"Anything new?" Nick asks.

"We have a few more suspects." Officer Ronald says. He presses his hand down on a white switch before we hear a loud buzz and the door opens. "This way." He mumbles. 

We stop infront of a black window and I watch officer Ronald walk away to another man in the corner. They talk quietly as we wait infront of the black window. Tessa knits her eyes brows in confusion when both the officer look at us and then look away quickly before they both whisper to eachother.