Chapter 118 - One Day Before The Wedding

Tessa's P.O.V:
"Well..." I sigh and place the magazine down infront of me. "You're on the front page again." I add as I push the magazine away and stand up from my bed.

"They found out hu?" Karla says. "That I was drugged." She mumbles.

"Do you...Karla I know this happened a month ago and you hate to talk about it but do you know who this?" I ask. Karla slowly raises her head up at me and shrugs.

"I have no fucking idea." She tells me and drops her head back down on my pillow. "I'm just glad nothing happened to my baby." She mumbles.

"Yeah. Me too." I let out a sigh.

"So...How did they find out I was poisoned?" She asks.

"They didn't." I say as I tie my hair up.

"They didn't?" She repeats, making me shake my head.

"No actually. They found out your pregnant." I tell her, making her mouth drop open as she shoots up.

"You're fucking with me." She says as she reaches for the magazine.

"Nope." I sigh and walk away. "They were going to find out eventually." I add. I walk away from her and towards my bathroom.

"You can see my baby bump." She tells me as I unzip my make up bag and take out my pills. "What are you doing in there? I need the to use the toilet." She says as I fill up my glass.

"Have you seen Marshall?" I ask and try to change the topic. I place the seven different pills in my mouth before I chug them down with water. I let out a long sigh and place the pills back in my bag.

"I don't know. Why?" She asks.

"Well...It is one day before our wedding. We have rehearsals." I state as I hide my make up bag.

"I don't know where he is." I hear her say as I walk out. "Where you off too?" She asks.

"Madre and my brothers will be here soon." I tell her as I walk towards the door.

"Oh. Well I'm gonna have a quick shower." I hear her say as I walk out.

"Cool. I'll get started on breakfast for two." I say.

"Three! I need to feed that baby too." I hear her shout after me once I close the door, making me let out a laugh before I walk away.

***

"And this....Is your room." I say as I push open the guest room in the guest house. Jacob and his girlfriend Madison follow behind me.

"It's nice." Madison smiles as she drags her suitcase in behind her and looks around. "Thank you. This is better than staying in a hotel." She adds, making me smile.

"You're welcome." I nod. "And your kids and the other kids are staying at Iris room. I set out blankets and everything." I add.

"Thanks." She smiles. I turn to face Jacob who doesn't look too happy.

"Everything okay?" I ask.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't it be." He forces a smile on his lips and shrugs, making me nod.

"Okay. Well, i'll see you guys for dinner." I shrug and walk away. I close the door behind me and walk past all the rooms, only to be stopped by Jacob when he calls after me.

"Tess. Hold up!" Jacob says, making me turn around to face him.

"What's up?" I say as I fold my arms across my chest and smile up at him.

"Well...You're getting married to him." He says, making me knit my brows together in confusion. The door behind Jacob opens and I watch Chris walk out.