Chapter 47 - Letting Go

Tessa P.O.V:
I let out a small sigh when my phone rings. Marshall curses under his breath as he pulls me against his chest and snuggles his nose into my neck. 

"I have to get that." I tell him. 

"I'm comfortable where I am." He mumbles against my neck. 

"Quit acting like a baby and move." I nudge him and roll away from him. I lean foward and grab my phone from his table. 

Marshall pulls me back to him and place his leg over mine and wraps me up in his arm. With one hand I run my fingers through his hair and with the other I flip my phone open. 

"Hello." I answer my ringing phone. 

"Hey, Tess. I didn't disturb you did I?" Chris asks. 

"I was sleeping." I tell him. 

"It's 3 in the afternoon." He states. 

"Oh, I didn't notice." I yawn. Marshall and I were up half the night talking...well talking and making out. Mostly making out. "What are you doing?" I ask. 

"Uhr, looking through a bunch of mail. You've got a lot of mail and parcels that your security dropped off here." He tells me. 

"Oh, usually they foward it to this address." I tell him. 

"Yeah but these aren't even wrapped." He tells me. "They're all personal birthday gifts." He adds. 

"Oh, who are they from? My brothers?" I ask. 

"Uhrm." He clears my throat. "They are from Marcus actually." He says slowly and awkwardly. I go quiet for a few seconds and Chris gives me some time to think.

"You know what to do." I say after a long pause. 

"Trash?" He asks. 

"Yep." I say popping the 'p'. 

"Right...You see I would do that but...he keeps showing up at my work place. He keeps asking for me. He keeps calling me." He tells me. 

Here we go again. Marcus and Chris were actually close before I got divorced and before he cheated on me. During the whole divorce thing, Marcus wouldn't leave Chris.

Marcus would show up at his house and at his work place. He would show up everywhere and beg him to talk to me. To give him another chance. I thought that all stopped until now. 

"Look. I know you're all engaged and everything." Chris says. 

"Chris..." I sigh. 

"And I know you love Marshall now and you moved on." He adds. 

"Where are you going with this?" I ask him slowly. 

"Maybe you can talk to him." He says. 

"No!" I say quickly making Marshall open his eyes. 

"Look not to fix things but to tell him to stop following you and us. To stop harassing you by meeting you at clubs where Nicole was and by sending you gifts." He explains. 

"I'm going to take this to my room." I tell Marshall before I start to climb out of bed and walk out of his room. 

"This way, he'll understand." Chris says as I walk out of Marshall's room.

"He won't understand a thing. Marcus will never leave me alone." I state.

"Did you get his text?" He asks. 

"What text?" I ask as I walk into my room and close the door behind me. 

"He said he sent you a bunch of text which you aren't replying too." Chris explains.