Chapter 77 - Now They Know

Tessa's P.O.V:
"I've got you, Tessa." I clutch onto the thin material of his shirt as he comforts me. "I'm right here....I've got you, baby." Marshall repeats and kisses my head.

"It seemed so real." I say through shaky breaths.

"It was just a bad dream, that's all." Marshall says, he moves away slightly making me hold onto him quickly. "I'm right here." Marshall repeats but I keep a tight grip on his shirt. Marshall sighs and places his lips on my forehead as he wraps his arm around me. "Wanna tell me about it?" He asks.

"It was about Gayle." I state.

"Hm..." Marshall waits for me to carry on as he runs his fingers through my hair.

"We were in court." I swallow the lump in my throat. "And...I was testifying against him. Everything I said, the judge ignored. Everything Karla said, the judge ignored." I shrug. "Then, they left me alone with him..." I trail off when my voice cracks near the end.

"It was just a dream." Marshall says before he kisses my forehead.
"It felt real." I croak.

"Tess!" We hear Alexander shout as he bangs on my bedroom door. "Get up. We have 30 minutes to get to court, we're going to be late!" He shouts, we hear him bang one more time before he walks away.

***

"Why do you need to go court?" Iris asks. Jacob clears his throat and stands up from the high stool before he walks towards the fridge.

"I...Some artist wants to leave the record lable and the contract hasn't finished yet." I shrug.

"Oh...Has the artist got something to do with Abela?" She asks.

"It's Abuela." Jacob corrects her.

{Translation: Grandmother.}

"No. Why do you ask?" I say as I place Jacob's empty dishes in the sink.

"She was making me breakfast and...I guess she zoned out or whatever you want to call it, anyway next thing you know she started to shout and curse at some dude called Gayle." Iris explains, making my heart drop a little.

"What did she say?" Alexander asks as he places the newspaper down next to his coffee mug. I didn't even notice him sitting at the round table thats next to window.

"Well..." Iris sighs. "She cursed at him...Then said that he's ruined Tessa's life." She looks at me and then back at Alexander and then Jacob. "Then, she started to speak in spanish." Iris shrugs.

"Did she say what....This man named Gayle did?" Jacob asks.

"No uh." Iris shakes her head. We all look at Liam as he walks into the kitchen. Instead of his normal dark suit, he wore a grey one.

"No one told me I had to wear a suit." Jacob raises his brow.

"Don't bother wearing one, you're going to look like shit." Alexander says, making me tut.

I don't know what it is with Jacob amd Alexander but they really hate each other and are throwing rude and stupid comments at each other. Jacob's not talking to Andrew, Leonardo and Alexander and is only talking to me, Micheal and Liam.

"It's time to go." Liam says.

"About time." Alexander mumbles before he walks past us, messing Iris' hair up on the way making her slap his hand away. "I'll be back for that rematch." He points at Iris.

"What the point? You suck at it." Iris smirks.

"20 dollars say I don't." Alexander says as he takes out his wallet and places the note down on the marble counter.