Zoe

*Song for this chapter- Sorry by Justin Bieber*

The sunlight beaming in through the window roused me and I blinked, wishing I had rotated the blinds round further before I got into bed last night. I'd barely managed to get myself undressed- I couldn't get over how tired I had been! I still felt dozy but the exhaustion had disappeared, thank goodness.

I rolled over to be faced with Jack who was sound asleep, a peaceful look on his face. I remembered the weird row/argument we'd had last night and felt uncomfortable over the whole thing. Jack has never really raised his voice at me and I found it strange how he'd gone out, when we hadn't seen each other for a while. Was I just being a diva, expecting him to change his plans for me? And why had he mentioned Alfie? Was he jealous? Jack knew Alfie anyway as we all did YouTube together so I didn't understand.

Speaking of Alfie, he hadn't replied to my message, which caused more disappointment than I'd expected. As I was thinking this, Jack stirred and slowly opened his eyes. Upon seeing me he smiled warmly, stretching his arms and then scooping me in for a cuddle. I snuggled in, the worries of the previous night melting away. I stroked his arm gently.
"I'm sorry about last night, Zoe," he spoke suddenly. I stopped stroking. "I'm not sure what came over me."
"That's OK," I replied, not really knowing what else to say.
"I was just bummed that I hadn't seen you for a few days and I thought dinner would be nice. But you're right, I should have asked you first," he said, kissing me on the forehead. I didn't really know what else to say, so I just looked up at him. Our eyes locked and I thought he was going to say something else very serious but instead he said "I brought you back some leftover pizza." I broke into a massive grin.
"Now THAT is what I'm talking about," I said, kicking off the duvet and wrestling out of his arms. Hurriedly, I fled out the room on the pizza hunt.
"That's my girl," I heard Jack chuckle. "In the fridge!"

Everything was OK. The non-reply from Alfie no longer bothered me. I had my boy back as normal and I couldn't be happier.