Alfie

Authors note: please keep reading and voting guys! I've tried so hard on this story so I hope you're enjoying it xxx

*Song for this chapter- Human by Christina Perri*

"Zoe!" Jack was by her side. He grabbed her close, obviously trying to calm her down but I could tell it made her worse, suffocated. She tried to shake him off but he held tighter, obviously thinking he was doing her good.
"Jack get off her!" I yelled running over. He shot me a hateful look.
"Excuse me?" he said. "I'm trying to calm her down. She's just feeling a bit sick. She told me so in the car here."
"She's not feeling sick, she's having a panic attack!" I shouted, trying to wrestle her from his grasp.
"Get off, man!" he yelled, swinging his body round so I couldn't get to his arms. "Who do you think you are? I'm helping her. She's my girlfriend, remember?" He said this with a hint of venom, and I knew he meant it as a warning.

"Guys stop, you're making her worse!" Tanya screamed, her own tears falling now. "Oh God, what do we do??!" she sobbed.

With this, Zoe's head popped out from Jack's body, tears covering her panic-stricken face. "Alfie!" she sobbed out. "I want Alfie."

Jack immediately released his hold, his face as shocked as mine. I gulped several times, looking between Jack and Zoe. Had she just asked for me over him? Why? He was her boyfriend, as Jack had just reminded me.

Zoe stood, still gulping for air like a fish out of water, fresh tears still rolling down onto her chin.
"Come on guys, she's said what she wants. Let's leave them alone," Louise declared, ushering everyone away. My eyes were locked with Jack's, who then took one final look at Zoe before Finn put his arm around his shoulders and led him away.

Once they had rounded the corner, I rushed to her side but knew to give her space. The last thing she needed right now was everyone crowding her.
"I'm here," I reassured her gently. "And I'm going nowhere." I spoke firmly but calmly trying to stay calm myself. It was scary watching anyone break down like this, let alone one of your closest friends. "Listen to me," I began, taking her hands gently. "You are going to be fine. If you want to, we can stay here and you can breath slowly until you feel better. Or, we could go outside, grab some fresh air, have some water and wait until you feel better."
"You..sure...you...don't...mind...waiting with me?" Zoe managed to stutter out through sobs and gulps for air. My heart broke at her question.

"Zoe. I would wait forever for you."