Alfie

Authors note: thank you so much, my views are going up! I really hope you're enjoying it! Please comment as much as you can too and let me know if you're enjoying it. I'll do a shoutout to the first person to comment in my next chapter and recommend your story :) xxx

It was the day before we were travelling to Vidcon  and I was packing my case. Kimmi was laid out on my bed on her phone, singing along to whatever was on her Spotify playlist. I carefully folded my TRXYE jumper and placed it in, alongside my camera equipment. I planned to vlog more whilst out there, especially since after Vidcon lots of Youtubers were renting a house together on Malibu beach. It was going to be amazing!

"Huh," I heard Kimmi say, quite loudly.
"What is it babe?" I asked, turning from my packing.
"Zoella has just hit 3 million subscribers," she said, a sense of boredom in her voice.
"WHAT?!" I shout, not believing what I was hearing. I ran over and looked at her phone screen. "Oh my God, this is incredible!!" I exclaim, pulling out my phone. "I have to ring her right now!"
"Funny I didn't get this treatment when I reached 50,000 subscribers," she muttered.
"What was that babe?" I said, pretending I hadn't heard.
"Nothing," she smiles sweetly. I decided to ignore the comment. I know she didn't mean it, she was probably just tired. She was also annoyed that she hadn't been invited to Vidcon - she didn't have enough subscribers- and I had to understand that and make allowances for it.

I pressed Zoe's number. It rang a few times and she picked up. After placing it on loudspeaker I say "Zoe! CONGRATULATIONS!!"
"Uh...should I know what's going on?" I heard her say, confusion in her voice.
"Don't tell me you haven't seen...?" I continue.
"Seen what?" she laughed. "What is it Alf, you're freaking me out here!"
"Zoe, you've just hit 3 million subscribers!!" I announce, feeling so privileged that I was the one who got to tell her.

There was silence on the other end for a moment.
"WHAT?!" she yelled after a few seconds of quiet. Then "OH MY GOODNESS! Jack did you hear that?" I hear muffled voices in the background then some celebratory yells. I grin, feeling so pleased for her.
"Well done Zoe, you so deserve it," I say truthfully.
"She's a bloody legend Alfie, is what she is!" I hear Jack yell into the phone.
"Damn right," I reply.
"Oh my gosh I'm nearly crying here!" Zoe says and I can hear her voice shaking. "How did you find out before me?"
"It wasn't me, it was Kimmi," I explain, going to sit next to her on the bed and putting an arm around her. There was a slight pause.
"Oh...thanks Kimmi! What a surprise!" Zoe said. Kimmi stared at the phone and I felt myself giving her a small nudge.
"Oh, no problem! Well done!" Kimmi replied. My heart soared for her. I knew she and Zoe had had their differences in the past but she was willing to push it all aside to congratulate her. I leant over and kissed her forehead and she screwed her face up. I stuck my tongue out at her jokingly and she did it back.
"Well I'd better go Alf, we need to get our sleep for tomorrow!" Zoe said.
"Agreed, see you tomorrow man," Jack said down the phone.
"Yeah no worries buddy. Even more so now Zoe. Now that you've hit 3 million, I reckon Vidcon is going to be even crazier for you..."
"I didn't think of that..."she said, her voice going quieter.
"It'll be awesome! See you guys tomorrow, bright and early at 5am. Outside terminal 3."