Alfie

*Songs for this chapter- Treat you Better by Shawn Mendes/ The Ocean by Mike Perry

"HURRY UPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!" Caspar yelled at the top of his lungs. He was calling for the girls, who were taking a very long time to get ready.
"It's not me, you mongrel!" Louise shouted back, then appearing in the living room. She looked nice, wearing a white dress and sandals. "It's them two beauty queens. I've been ready for an hour, I'm absolutely hank marvin," she moaned.
"That's my girl," Caspar said, high fiving Louise.
"Trust me, it'll be Tan," Jim said, rolling his eyes. "This is what I have to put up with fellas."
"And you're still putting a ring on it?" Joe questioned, eyebrows raised.
"Quit your bitching, we're here," I heard Tanya say and both her and Zoe appeared round the corner.

Tanya looked great in a pair of black shorts and top. But it was Zoe who made me draw breath. I had always thought Kimmi was attractive, there was no denying that. But Zoe undeniably looked something else. She looked like a complete princess. I saw her glance at me and I didn't look away, instead shooting her a small smile. She blushed slightly and looked away. I had such an attraction to this girl, it was crazy.

Dinner was great. We had tapas so lots to share between us. I sat opposite Zoe which gave me the chance to steal glances at her all night. We accidentally bumped feet a few times as well. Now Marcus had mentioned it, I could sense different vibes from her I hadn't picked up on before. I just couldn't, in my wildest dreams, believe it.

________________________________
After dinner, we came back to our beach house and Joe decided to put on some music really loud. Everyone started to dance and drinks began pouring. Zoe stayed on soft drinks as she doesn't really drink alcohol. I had a beer. I needed a bit of Dutch courage. All that was on my mind was the fact that Jack would arrive here in a matter of hours with Louis and Finn and then the magic I'd experienced with Zoe over the last day and a half would disappear. I needed to talk to her soon, as in, now.

Drinks continued to pour and everyone was dancing, lights low. Everyone was having a great time. I watched Zoe silently from across the room, sipping on my beer. She looked utterly gorgeous, I couldn't keep my eyes off of her. How had I not noticed before? I'd always been aware of her gorgeous inner self, but it was like seeing her outside with whole new eyes. I wanted her.

Slowly, I made my way over to her, placing my beer on a table and wiping my hands together. She saw me coming and came over.
"Hey, can I talk to you for a sec?" I asked her.
"EH???!!!" she shouted back, struggling over the volume of the music. I motioned that we should go outside and she nodded. Taking her hand, I led her around the obstacles in the dimly lit room. We reached the outside and I led her down the steps to the pool area, where it was a little quieter. The fairy lights were twinkling around the edges and through the palm trees. The ocean was crashing and the moon was reflecting on the sparkling surface. There was a very light breeze taking the edge off the evening warmth.
"Let's sit here," I said, indicating the benches around the fire pit.
"I've got a better idea," Zoe said mischievously. Kicking off her shoes, she hitched up her skirt and sat on the edge of the pool, her feet and calves immersed in the cool water. I grinned and joined her, taking off my shoes and socks and sitting close next to her, my own feet cooling in the pool.

We sat in silence for a while just watching the ocean. I could still hear the music from the house, but quieter. I could hear everyone talking and singing along loudly to the music.
"So what did you want to talk about?" Zoe asked, breaking the dusky silence. I turned to face her and I noticed our faces were only inches apart. I couldn't help imagine what it would be like to kiss her. I was so close. I could just...

"Alf?" she continued.
"Sorry," I said, biting my lip. "I just...I have something I want to tell you." She stared right at me, her blue eyes staring right into me. "You...you have beautiful eyes," I whispered. It wasn't what I'd wanted to say but it was a start. She giggled and looked down briefly, before looking up at me from under those long lashes.
"Thanks," she smiled. "Was that it?" I cleared my throat.
"No, no. What I wanted to say was..." Her eyes pressed me to continue. My heart beat madly in my chest. She knew what I was going to say. I could tell. Her hand crept closer so it was covering mine and her tiny fingers squeezed it. I leant in even closer and she followed. I could feel her breath on my lips and they tingled. We were just centimetres apart. If we just kissed now, it would explain everything I felt and more...

Loud squeals from inside the house made us both spring apart. Suddenly I heard a voice calling my name.
"Where is he??!!!! ALFIEEEEE!!!" Zoe shot me a terrified look and I reciprocated it. I swallowed hard. "There you are! Oh, you're with Zoe..." Zoe delicately slid her hand off of mine and tucked some hair that had escaped in the breeze behind her ear.
"Zoe?" came a questioning Jack, standing next to Kimmi, both of them leaning over the railings and looking down at us.

What on earth was she doing here?

Author's note: OH EM GEEEE!!!!